PDA

View Full Version : ESPN: 7 agree to leave BE according to source

MU_Iceman
12-13-2012, 05:32 PM
However, Georgetown is NOT in agreement with HOW to leave the conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8745235/seven-schools-agree-leave-big-east-debating-process-source-says

MUBB713
12-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Not good. If Georgetown wants to dissolve the league and the others want to leave I have to say that I side with Georgetown here. That's the one school that you wouldn't want to be upset in any of this.

Markedman
12-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Supposedly all Georgetown wants to do is make sure they do their due dilligence before deciding how to leave....my guess is this will be a non issue and they will all be united very soon.

Annoucement tomorrow?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Supposedly all Georgetown wants to do is make sure they do their due dilligence before deciding how to leave....my guess is this will be a non issue and they will all be united very soon.

Annoucement tomorrow?

Honestly, I think I would prefer an announcement on Monday. This is all going very fast, maybe too fast. This is going to determine the future of these schools, and this is the first time we've had any measure of control over that determination since joining the Big East in 2005. Better to take extra time and do it right than rush out and forget to turn off the lights. Especially if the lights are keeping the Big East name and the MSG venue.

The Reptile
12-13-2012, 07:19 PM
This is moving fast for us. But I would suspect that this has been issue 1 for all of the 7 athletic departments since the B10 expanded and then Louisville left. So for those involved, this day could not have come sooner.

beerhere6
12-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Especially if the lights are keeping the Big East name and the MSG venue.

It would be an absolute shame if they lost the Garden. Hoping they reconsider before pulling the trigger. So much tradition. I know it wouldn't exactly be the same, less Syracuse. Uconn, Pitt, etc...but there are few events I've attended better than Wed-Sat of the BE tourney in the Garden.

ValiantSailor
12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
It would be an absolute shame if they lost the Garden. Hoping they reconsider before pulling the trigger. So much tradition. I know it wouldn't exactly be the same, less Syracuse. Uconn, Pitt, etc...but there are few events I've attended better than Wed-Sat of the BE tourney in the Garden.

T'm certain MSG has clauses in their contract with the BET that allows them an out if the conference makeup is significantly changed. I wouldn't depend on the BET being held in the Garden regardless of any agreement between the BE and the C7. Whatever happens will require a new agreement with the MSG.

VS

TheSultan
12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
The due diligence might take longer than you think. You have to talk to other schools. Talk to lawyers. Talk to television executives. Talk to MSG. Figure out the options and the best way to make your exit. The Holidays are coming up. My guess is that this might get uncomfortably quiet over the next few weeks.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Might this be a viable way that the ACC gets their conference tournament into MSG after all?