PDA

View Full Version : Great article on this by Pete Thamel...

MU_Iceman
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Lots of good, new info here. Like the fact that Georgetown basically led the charge to turn down the ESPN deal last year, and that their President wants to keep things together in the Big East. Also, some industry experts think the C7 BB schools could get 2 mill a year on their own. I'm curious to know who would commish this league?? Saw a report that St. John's had asked Tranghese to come back to commish it(I'd be fine with that), or maybe Larry thinks he should be the commish?? :confused:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20121213/big-east-basketball/

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-13-2012, 01:44 PM
If we get 2 mil a school for BBall only you take that as fast as you can and run.

MU_Iceman
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Dick Weiss
@NYDNDickWeiss

high ranking sources at st john's confirm school prez the rev. donald harrington has signed off on move for 7 cath schls to break from be

MUBRACES
12-13-2012, 01:48 PM
and not to stretch this theory too far, but if we do get 2 mil a school.....why wouldn't duke want to join a league like the one being proposed.... a more stable basketball league, and it would be as profitable....I know its a stretch, but hey

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Can we please stop the Duke talk? It's just silly. They have 17 million reasons to stay in the ACC. Bad football was bad for the Big East because the entire league was bad. Bad football is fine for Duke because they are making a ton of money compared to what we could offer them.

Talking about adding Duke is the ultimate "what if" scenario, but until it happens, it ain't even worth really discussing.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah Duke is getting too much money to even entertain this. Nobody in any of the 5 main conferences is going to join us. I could MAYBE be convinced of Memphis, Or Temple, but even UCONN, and Cincy are going to the ACC eventually.