PDA

View Full Version : mayo?

dubs98
12-12-2012, 04:21 PM
So this may be jumping the gun a bit, but with the news that there looks like there may be a better chance that mayo is back does anyone have any idea the extent that he has been playing/practicing independent of the team. I know he was not allowed to practice with the team, but I would have to imagine that he has still been putting up shots and working out on his own. Did he still have access to the facilities or was he regulated to the Rec? Anyone see him playing pick up games at the rec? anyone else with more knowledge still incredibly hesitant to get excited over mayo's report of doing well on his finals? I am guessing there is probably more obstacles to clear, but this appears positive. If he is cleared I am wondering how long until he can get himself ready for game action.

Nukem2
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Michael Hunt says not so fast in his blog. MU won't have his grades til next week when grades are posted, per Buzz

IWB
12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Had this discussion on the premium board earlier - Todd had posted that he had really done well on his exams and has one left that he felt would be easy. He added that he hoped to be back December 17th.

Here's the deal - we all know Todd needs to post some solid grades in order to have the chance to return. The question is, is his opinion of really doing well on his exams enough to get him what he needs to be able to return?

At this point it is still unknown, but the bright spot is that there is hope that he can/will pull himself through this.

Should know early next week.

MU_Iceman
12-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Jim I have a question...Was Mayo allowed to attend games during his suspension?? And if not, I'm assuming that was Buzz's call??

IWB
12-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I do not believe he was able to be at any basketball related activities with the exception of the use of the study hall.

TulsaWarrior
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Study hall was the most important resource he could have accessed.

IWB
12-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Study hall was the most important resource he could have accessed.

You are exactly right there Tulsa - I have not been on campus all that much this year, but the last time I was there, I saw Mayo coming out of study hall. He was laughing and smiling as he came out. Not a big deal, and nothing earth shattering, but it just made me happy to see that attitude out of him coming out of study hall.