PDA

View Full Version : Grantland's College B-Ball Recap that...

CaribouJim
12-10-2012, 12:35 PM
...includes a blurb and video on Buzz and Bo shaking hands post game. Check #12. Also, don't see how Davante wasn't included on their "All-BeefyBulky Team".

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/44674/15-college-basketball-epiphanies

Nukem2
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Buzz and Bo also spoke animatedly for a couple minutes prior to the Majerus tribute and the national anthem, et al....they seem to get along quite well.

CaribouJim
12-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Probably saying they both don't have the horses they've had in recent MU/UW games - whether due to injury, graduation or academic problems.

MUMac
12-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I commented about both the pregame and postgame conversations in another thread. I truly believe both coaches respect each other and like each other. Buzz has always shown Bo respect and deference to his pedigree.

MUAlphaBangura
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Think the respect factor has a lot to do with both guys coming up in the profession the hard way. Nothing given to either of them. Think that was always a thorn in Bo's side with Coach Crean. Crean getting a high major job so early in his career may have rubbed Bo the wrong way given his path to the same spot. Anyway, good to see the mutual respect shown by both. Apparently the whole Vander situation did not alter their opinions of each other.

IrwinFletcher
12-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Think the respect factor has a lot to do with both guys coming up in the profession the hard way. Nothing given to either of them. Think that was always a thorn in Bo's side with Coach Crean. Crean getting a high major job so early in his career may have rubbed Bo the wrong way given his path to the same spot. Anyway, good to see the mutual respect shown by both. Apparently the whole Vander situation did not alter their opinions of each other.

I think it was pretty clear, at least publicly, that Buzz distanced himself from Vander until it was announced that he was not attending UW. At that point, he pursued him coming to Marquette. If in fact that was the case, I would think Bo would know about that and respect that Buzz let the process play out. I am sure other coaches were all over Blue when it looked like the committment was wavering.

MUMac
12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
I think it was pretty clear, at least publicly, that Buzz distanced himself from Vander until it was announced that he was not attending UW. At that point, he pursued him coming to Marquette. If in fact that was the case, I would think Bo would know about that and respect that Buzz let the process play out. I am sure other coaches were all over Blue when it looked like the committment was wavering.

I would bet that Buzz let Bo know that he was not recruiting him amidst the rumors.

IWB
12-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I would bet that Buzz let Bo know that he was not recruiting him amidst the rumors.

Yes, and he did the same with the Oregon coach and Jamil Wilson.

BLT
12-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes, and he did the same with the Oregon coach and Jamil Wilson.
And Uthoff when his people were anxious to drop his name with MU while Bo was getting skewered in order to push for a release.

IWB
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Uthoff's people contacted Marquette and wanted to set up a visit, but I do not believe there was ever any interest from Marquette's side. I do believe the MU side said no to the visit.