PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling quirk

MU Viking
12-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Just looking ahead at the rest of our non-con schedule. Obviously, you anticipate that we will handle Savannah State at home this weekend.

Then we make the road trip to Green Bay and the Resch Center. I would think we win that one too, but you never know on the road. I remember going down to Valpo a few years back with IWB and you could tell that it was Valpo's Super Bowl. It took a last second three by Dominic James to break a tie and get the win in that one. Obviously, we all remember that UW lost at Green Bay a few years back. Still, the Phoenix is 3-5 and its best win is against North Dakota State, so you'd think we'd have the upper hand there.

Then comes LSU. I'm never a huge fan of a late Wed night return followed by a Saturday tipoff (Thursday is obviously worse), but in this case, I think we're OK. Check out LSU's schedule leading up to our game:

Friday, Dec 14: @ Boise State
Tuesday, Dec 18: @ UC-Irvine
Saturday, Dec 22: @ Marquette

So, LSU plays a day before we play @Green Bay, but they will be somewhat road-weary too, having gone from Baton Rouge to Boise to Irvine to (presumably) Baton Rouge to Milwaukee. Do you think they come home for a day or two from SoCal or do they come straight to Milwaukee?

Not getting into how the two teams match up on the court, I like that the Tigers will be coming in having traveled around a bit first.

And then we have NC Central. No comment on that game.

Sure would be nice to close out the non-con with 4 more wins heading into the New Year.

BLT
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Plus LSU has only played home games so far, so that road grind is sure to have an effect. I never liked the Vandy scheduling as the games were after Christmas where the team had a break and also some drama to boot. Prefer LSU prior and the cupcake after.

TedBaxter
12-10-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/1755213?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CMichigan%2 0State%20Spartans%7Cs

Not sure if this has been posted or how long the LSU guard will be out.

Nukem2
12-10-2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/1755213?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CMichigan%2 0State%20Spartans%7Cs

Not sure if this has been posted or how long the LSU guard will be out.

Saw that the other day...probably be back in time for MU...? He was a real thorn in MU's side last year in Baton Rouge.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I think our next three games are all dangerous. Savannah State beat out Norfolk State for the MEAC regular season title last year and returned everyone, Green Bay is going to see us coming in as the Super Bowl (and Alec Brown has to break out some time), and LSU has the athleticism and length to give us some trouble. We should win all three, but counting any of those as wins and looking on to the next would be a mistake.

IrwinFletcher
12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
LSU is the game that scares me. They are uber athletic (like Florida) and Florida exposed us for being a much slower team. Will be a good win for us to go along with the Wisconsin win and is necessary for our tournament resume.