PDA

View Full Version : 12-9 DePaul

MU/Panther
12-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Panthers come in at a 12 point underdog at DePaul. 4pm start.

You might think you will see more of a 3 guard line-up to break and score on the DePaul press.

Jimmy Lemke
12-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Having Niang, Gulley and Aaron in at the same time on Friday really helped break the press with ease. It was when you took Bobo out that stupid things started to happen.

Score?
MVP?
3 keys?

MayorCK
12-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I believe we follow up last year's win with another.

82-78 Milwaukee

MVP: Paris Gulley

1. Someone, be it Jordan or Austin, has to match Tony Meier's production from last year. We rained threes on them last year.
2. Make it as much like a home game as possible. Me and the Road Crew will personally see to that.

Tyrunner0097
12-09-2012, 12:52 PM
78-75 Milwaukee

MVP: Would usually say Jordan Aaron, though my secondary dark horse pick is Kelm. Just feel he may have a big say in this game...

1. Ball control. DePaul LOVES the press and Jay-O needs to be on the ball in finding his guys quickly.
2. Inside game's a must. As we saw during the second half of UNI, we can't be blindly chucking 3s, hoping they will fall.
3. Someone has to take initiative and lead this team, controlling the tempo.

BrewCityItalian
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM
http://atdhenet.tv/56885/watch-milwaukee-vs-depaul

Anonymous Panther
12-09-2012, 04:44 PM
The Panthers are so bad it's comical.

Anonymous Panther
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Keep shooting threes, ... it's been effective so far.

Tyrunner0097
12-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Hate to sound hypocritcal, but how can you blame Jeter when his players are not helping him out??? Seems like they are letting HIM down more than anything...

BrewCityItalian
12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
key stats of first half -Milwaukee 9-31 FG Depaul 19-38 FG, 26-12 paint pts for depaul, 26-18 reb for De Paul,not a good 1st half

BrewCityItalian
12-09-2012, 05:07 PM
need better shots, your shooting 9-31 in the first half,,,coming out soft in the 1st half seems to be a trend this season with this team

BrewCityItalian
12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
the defense inside this year has been subpar, and i'm being kind saying that

Anonymous Panther
12-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Hate to sound hypocritcal, but how can you blame Jeter when his players are not helping him out??? Seems like they are letting HIM down more than anything...

His players are not "helping" him out because he is clearly not leading the team to a strategy or game plan that lets them do that. Rob Jeter and his staff have NO IDEA what they're doing. Consequently, his players also have NO IDEA how to become a better team. This program is a chicken running around with its head cut off, a rudderless disaster.

Tyrunner0097
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Players who underachieve are just as accountable as the coach. Can't blame one without blaming the other, that's all I'm saying...

When players are turning the ball over, missing EASY lay-ups, there is only SO much a coach can do...the rest is up to the players coming through...

I'm just sick and tired of just this: Chuck the ball to the net and hope for the best...that has been going on too far...

BrewCityItalian
12-09-2012, 05:32 PM
this is alot uglier than i even thought it would be, and the same for the season...the post play has beyond disappointment, and so has Harris, I expected alot more from him and its been disappointing. Nobody who is a SF / PF or C on this team has truly stepped up this season since the Davidson game. As for checking out, I don't know about that as much as Pride, and also 3 new guards making a transition from junior college to D 1 play...big difference...Growing Pains,,,,but between the guard play and not having any inside post play its been a disaster.....this team may finish last in the Horizon

Anonymous Panther
12-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Players who underachieve are just as accountable as the coach. Can't blame one without blaming the other, that's all I'm saying...

When players are turning the ball over, missing EASY lay-ups, there is only SO much a coach can do...the rest is up to the players coming through...

I'm just sick and tired of just this: Chuck the ball to the net and hope for the best...that has been going on too far...

Yes, when the players miss easy lay-ups, that is not entirely the coaches fault, but at the same time, we're not talking about the NBA. These are college players who still need guidance when it comes to confidence and mental toughness trying to turn bad situations around. Even when it comes to turning the ball over, that is indicative that the players not knowing what to do when they have the ball. That is also indicative of a coach not preparing his team so that they know exactly where the ball has to go in order to execute plays. I have always been a supporter of coaches with bad teams, but in this particular circumstance, it is obvious that the coaching staff poorly prepares what, honestly, is a good-looking roster. Rob can recruit, but he can't lead. When everybody talks about "the team is underperforming" for almost EVERY game, it's a bigger issue than the players just not getting it done. Good coaches get their players to play their best.

MU/Panther
12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
I wish I didn't buy my tickets for the Badger game on the Dec. 22. This team is hopeless.

Anonymous Panther
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
1 for 17 from three-point range. AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anonymous Panther
12-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Here's another stat for ya: DePaul scored 52 points in the paint. They scored more points in the paint than the Panthers combined for in the game! They also shot 50% from the floor. Wow! That is BAD defense.

lutzow10
12-09-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't know what to think anymore. I am just plain embarrased to call myself a panther fan at this point. Barely basketball being played out there.

Spirit of Bruce
12-10-2012, 12:33 AM
Although I won't be one of them, I would expect the amount of Wisconsin and Marquette apparell around campus to increase greatly between now and finals. Lose by 36 to DePaul? Are you F'ing kidding me? A forfeit would have been less embarassing.

MU/Panther
12-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Problem is the Panthers play games Wednesday & Saturday this week. They need a week off and get their butts kicked in practice.

royalty414
12-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I don't know what is going to happen with this program. Fans that have been coming to games for years are now turning against the team and not coming to games anymore. Everything is seemingly funneling out of control and nobody wants to stop it.

MayorCK
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
What difference does getting your butt kicked in practice make if you've tuned out the coaching staff?

Jimmy Lemke
12-10-2012, 05:59 PM
The argument that Jeter has lost his players gets louder with every loss. Going to overtime with NIU is effectively a loss, so since the Davidson game we've done absolute zilch. I feel bad because this program deserves better out of its players. Their effort and lack of passion are very disappointing.

lutzow10
12-12-2012, 02:07 AM
After what I have seen the last few weeks, I am starting to think that the Davidson game was a fluke

Jimmy Lemke
12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
After what I have seen the last few weeks, I am starting to think that the Davidson game was a fluke

I'm wondering too, man.