PDA

View Full Version : This guy Buzz Williams ...

Mark Miller
12-08-2012, 10:59 PM
can coach a little bit, wouldn't you say?

Already has as many wins against Wisconsin in five years as Tom Crean did in nine.

Bo Ryan is rightfully praised by nearly everybody in this state.

But Buzz Williams is right there with him. And Buzz's style of play, at least IMO, is much easier on the eyes than Bo's.

mufansince72
12-08-2012, 11:00 PM
can coach a little bit, wouldn't you say?

Already has as many wins against Wisconsin in five years as Tom Crean did in nine.

Bo Ryan is rightfully praised by nearly everybody in this state.

But Buzz Williams is right there with him. And Buzz's style of play, at least IMO, is much easier on the eyes than Bo's.

Can't disagree with anything you said.

Halo
12-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Expect the drumbeat of Badger fans to start up even louder now of "Buzz will be gone after this year" as that is their best hope to not to continue to struggle with MU.

They loathe Buzz and instead of giving him any ounce of respect, just have to shred him. Bo is a great coach. UW fans should feel lucky to have him. Why they feel the need to tear down Buzz and UW shows insecurity and they should be above that.

And how pissed is Jeff Potrykus right now?

IWB
12-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Now that you mention it, Potrykus was not there. Mark Stewart filled in for him.

Phantom Warrior
12-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Actually, while some Badger lunatics do obviously loathe Buzz - can anyone say Butch Badger? - others do seem to respect him not only as a coach but also as a person.

Put it this way: when Ryan finally retires (or takes the job at Arkansas), if Buzz were hired by Barry, many Badger fans would be ecstatic. Of course, that ain't gonna happen.

MUWhistler
12-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Actually, while some Badger lunatics do obviously loathe Buzz - can anyone say Butch Badger? - others do seem to respect him not only as a coach but also as a person.

Put it this way: when Ryan finally retires (or takes the job at Arkansas), if Buzz were hired by Barry, many Badger fans would be ecstatic. Of course, that ain't gonna happen.

That made me laugh!

MU/Panther
12-09-2012, 09:07 AM
We all need to enjoy what we got! Signed the 80's.

MUMac
12-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Before the game, when Bo made the journey to his bench, he and Buzz shared a long conversation. After the game in the handshake line, another long conversation. It certainly appears that Bo likes Buzz and respects him. Buzz obviously has shown respect towards Bo. So, even if the village idiots, aka badger lunatics, do not like Buzz, their leader does not share their opinion.

Nukem2
12-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Now that you mention it, Potrykus was not there. Mark Stewart filled in for him.Guess he's too busy on the developing Bielama story....:p

IrwinFletcher
12-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I have noticed a little change in Buzz. He doesn't seem to be as active and wild on the bench as in years past. He also doesn't seem to be as critical about his players in public (it was always done in a half joking and half serious way) as he has been. I was also very surprised when he came out at Marquette Madness and said that Sweet 16's weren't good enough anymore. In the past, he would always go Lou Holtz on us and downplay the team and expectations.

I don't know if any of this has to do with a directive from above or not, and maybe I am just seeing something that isn't there, but that is what I see.

Nukem2
12-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I have noticed a little change in Buzz. He doesn't seem to be as active and wild on the bench as in years past. He also doesn't seem to be as critical about his players in public (it was always done in a half joking and half serious way) as he has been. I was also very surprised when he came out at Marquette Madness and said that Sweet 16's weren't good enough anymore. In the past, he would always go Lou Holtz on us and downplay the team and expectations.

I don't know if any of this has to do with a directive from above or not, and maybe I am just seeing something that isn't there, but that is what I see.I doubt there is any directive from above. Suspect its really about Buzz "maturing" into his role...?

MUBB713
12-09-2012, 01:39 PM
He addressed this question on the show with Dennis Krause. Buzz said something along the lines that he only has so much in the tank and wore down a bit last year. I believe he said he was trying to save his energy for later in the season this year.

DowntownSweeney
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
[B][B]Expect the drumbeat of Badger fans to start up even louder now of "Buzz will be gone after this year" as that is their best hope to not to continue to struggle with MU.

They loathe Buzz and instead of giving him any ounce of respect, just have to shred him. Bo is a great coach. UW fans should feel lucky to have him. Why they feel the need to tear down Buzz and UW shows insecurity and they should be above that.

And how pissed is Jeff Potrykus right now?

Bingo. Badger fans are hoping he leaves.

IWB
12-09-2012, 04:52 PM
He also doesn't seem to be as critical about his players in public (it was always done in a half joking and half serious way) as he has been.

Agree with what tou said Fletch, but actually, he still has been doing this, it just isn't making the stories. Just last week he referred to Davante as a really really fat point guard.

IrwinFletcher
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Agree with what tou said Fletch, but actually, he still has been doing this, it just isn't making the stories. Just last week he referred to Davante as a really really fat point guard.

You are right, I haven't seen much of it (partly because I never go to the JS onlince anymore).

Pretty ironic though that he referred to DG that way. How does 54 respond? By going coast to coast for a lay in.

"Take that Coach";)