PDA

View Full Version : Passion and Pride

Jimmy Lemke
12-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Personally, I was very proud of the way Rob Jeter handled the post-game press conference. He said everything I wanted to say, everything I was thinking, and he laid out the road map toward getting back. There is enough talent in this team to go to the NCAA Tournament and perhaps win when we're there, but not until the players and coaches understand the pride and passion you need to wear the Milwaukee uniform.

Link: Passion and Pride (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?483-Passion-and-Pride)

Jimmy Lemke
12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Jeter hit a home run with the post game press conference. Sitting four feet away from him I could tell this really bothered him. I was in the hallway as he and Demetrius came down, and the entire time he was coaching him, talking about what they expected out of him and what he needs to do to realize his potential. For the first time I really saw Demetrius engaged in the conversation - Players looked more upbeat, more "ready" as they were leaving. Whatever happened in the post game team talk, I think they really aired their grievances and got all their problems out into the open, and laid the groundwork to fix them. It took Jeter and Harris 30 minutes to get down to the post-game presser. I spent about 15 minutes talking to Joah Tucker postgame and was worried I missed the presser, then still beat them down there and had an extended conversation with Charlie Gross before they came in.

Tyrunner0097
12-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Well said, Jimmy. I REALLY hope, for the sake of the team, the program, the athletic department, and the university, that this is the turning point of the season. This team has too much talent to be this terrible, and if they want to have the support of the fans, alumni, and especially students, they need to play with fire and aggression Friday night. Otherwise, the KC will look like how it looked with 8 min left in tonight's game for the rest of the season, and we will start to hear Jeter's swan song.

royalty414
12-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Jeter hit a home run with the post game press conference. Sitting four feet away from him I could tell this really bothered him. I was in the hallway as he and Demetrius came down, and the entire time he was coaching him, talking about what they expected out of him and what he needs to do to realize his potential. For the first time I really saw Demetrius engaged in the conversation - Players looked more upbeat, more "ready" as they were leaving. Whatever happened in the post game team talk, I think they really aired their grievances and got all their problems out into the open, and laid the groundwork to fix them. It took Jeter and Harris 30 minutes to get down to the post-game presser. I spent about 15 minutes talking to Joah Tucker postgame and was worried I missed the presser, then still beat them down there and had an extended conversation with Charlie Gross before they came in.

I pray that they came together as a team in the locker room and move on, because if this happens again, students will never come back.

lutzow10
12-05-2012, 11:58 PM
In a way I am almost glad that the promoting for this game was Lax. Before the game I was kind of mad that they had one sign in front of sandburg promoting today's game but had multiple signs around campus promoting Fridays game against NIU. But now that the game is over and seeing how badly we did, I am thinking that it was a good thing because the number of students at this game in comparison to the other home games this season was down quite a bit. Maybe that means more students being oblivious to tonight's performance and more students coming to the game Friday.

Anonymous Panther
12-06-2012, 12:48 AM
I pray that they came together as a team in the locker room and move on, because if this happens again, students will never come back.

If this happens again, NO ONE will come back. They cannot afford losses like this.

lutzow10
12-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Being a bears fan I have learned to read coaches giving press conferences and giguring out how they really feel about the way games went. And its not hard to tell from jeter's body language he is absolutely miffed. Like he was seriously having a hard time up there. Thats the most uncomfortable I have seen a coach look in a post game in a while.

Anger Management
12-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Brutal...that is all

MU/Panther
12-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Bill Johnson said this morning, worst game he has ever seen the Panthers play.

Jimmy Lemke
12-06-2012, 10:53 AM
The team had emotionally checked out well before halftime. Nobody remembers November and early December games 5 years from now, so what matters is that they put their BS aside and work together as a team. Except Paul Spicuzza. He'll remember everything about this game 15 years from now.

Derek Spallone
12-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Thats awesome, I am sure they will come out and beat NIU. I am not sure, what happend to NIU's best player Abdel Nader. He was there leading scorer previous season averaging about 15 PPG. Injured, or transfered? I am not positive. But, he did play high school ball with Malachi Nix, at Niles North. With him out this should be a solid victory. Akeem Springs, a point guard from Waukegan High School is also someone to watch out for. Stop him and the 3 point shooting we should be in good shape for a back on track victory.

Jimmy Lemke
12-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm not convinced anything is a solid victory anymore.

Tyrunner0097
12-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm not convinced anything is a solid victory anymore.

Indeed. Not until they start winning and playing consistently...