PDA

View Full Version : The Rick Majerus Classic?

Markedman
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Interesting idea

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21281510/majerus-teams-can-honor-the-man-by-organizing-games-against-each-other

MUMac
12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I doubt MU or others would give up an exempt tournament spot. I also doubt they would give up 2 road games. A potential solution - rotate it through the 4 schools and make it a 2 game tournament. Example - Yr. 1 MU hosts and plays Utah, while SLU plays Ball St. Yr. 2 SLU hosts and plays MU while Ball St. plays Utah ... Just a thought.

The Reptile
12-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Or they could simply invite all of the teams to a rib eating contest. Somehow, I think Rick would like that almost as much as some basketball games.

TrevorCandelino
12-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Good idea but of course Ball State would want to play, SLU, Utah, and MU.....and Utah would love to get SLU and MU on their home floor.....And SLU would love to get a home game against Marquette......I love Rick but I think for something like this to work, it would need to be an MU sponsored/hosted event.

TheSultan
12-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I think this is one of these things that sounds real good on paper, especially in the immediate wake of his passing, but will likely never occur. Even Buzz seemed to acknowledge that with his comments.