PDA

View Full Version : Ranking Buzz's accomplishments

dw3dw3dw3
12-05-2012, 12:04 PM
With B.B. leaving Wisconsin, it reminds you anything is possible with coaches, Buzz included, even with a top 10 recruiting class coming in. I started thinking about his accomplishments and trying to rank what his best coaching seasons were and how this season would stack up if he could get the team to the NCAA's.

1. 2011-2012 - The development of Jae and to a lesser extent DJO to NBA players while delivering a sweet 16 and dominating Wisconsin win made this feel like the best year he's had end to end.
2. 2008-2009 - 3 amigos ranked in the top 10 until DJ was injured. Very exciting basketball to watch.
3. 2009-2010 - The Cubillan/Acker backcourt and amazing inside out ball movement
4. 2010-2011 - up and down season, but overachieved down the stretch and delivered a sweet 16.

This year's team is very difficult to read, and hard to tell what they will hang their hat on. Even in 2009/2010 I think we knew by now what the team was going to do to win with Cubillan/Acker backcourt after their strong showing in the Old Spice tourney. Making the NCAA's alone will be a difficult task and would rank this season ahead of 2010 at least for me.

Nukem2
12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
This year's team is still in the gel stage. Not sure how this will play out. "Concerned" about Saturday's game since MU will have not played for 9 days and exams are coming up next week. Sure wish we had had a game last night or tonight to get the cobwebs from the FL game out of the way. UW had a bad home loss last week versus VA, but has had 2 home games since to get over that. Cannot have a slow start Saturday evening.

IrwinFletcher
12-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I think we can expect we will struggle for the first 5 minutes due to the layoff and the fact that UW will be coming off of 2 games in the previous 6 days. they will be in sync and we will not. It will be critical for us not to fall behind by 10-15 points in the first quarter of the game. If we can keep it tight I like our chances. If we are facing a deficit, I would worry the guys would start to rush and force things which would play into UW's hands.