PDA

View Full Version : Jumping ahead NCAA Tournament chances

Derek Spallone
12-04-2012, 10:01 AM
My quick question, does it really matter how the regular season turns out? Do not take this the wrong way, I want Milwaukee to win every damn game just as bad as all you do. However, my question is I just find it weird that like the standings, do not really matter. What matters is how you do in the horizon league tournament. I know it would be nice, to finish atop of the Horizon regular season standings, so we can host the tournament. At the same time though, its weird how like UIC beat Detroit last year then Valpo lost, and they hosted it. And then Detroit makes it, I know we do not get an at large bid, or however that works but, I find it weird how if Loyola got lucky and win the tournament, they would make the tournament even if Milwaukee, went undefeated in the regular season. If, you get what I'm saying respond, I would like to see your thoughts, and so I can have a better understanding thanks!

MU/Panther
12-04-2012, 12:37 PM
In terms of going to the NCAA Tourney, the post-season only matters.

You need to win for better PR on the radio, tv & the newspaper. Winning win bring fans to the KC.

Jimmy Lemke
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
It's important to win in the regular season. Beating Wisconsin would go a long way toward getting butts in the seats the rest of the year. We're 2-5 but things could be worse. Gotta keep positive, beat Buffalo and get things going the right way.

Derek Spallone
12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I think we can beat Buffalo, and a struggling NIU team. Would be interesting, if we beat Depaul, as well.

lutzow10
12-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Really all the regular season does for you is get people noticing, get people in seats, and get you ready for the post season. It also can be said that when you play well and those three things start happening for you, it gives you a winning atmosphere. Like that X-factor. I mean as much as people want to say it isn't real, I think momentum has a lot to do with sports. When you are playing well in a game, you start feeling it and difficult things become much easier, almost second nature. You start getting a feel and everything starts falling for you. I can tell you as a former high school athlete you literally get into a zone. The better you do the less anything else effects you. Its honestly one of the coolest feelings ever. Momentum for a season is very similar. Teams start just playing better basketball when they are winning a bunch of games as opposed to winning one losing one winning two losing two. It takes away from the rhythm of the season.

So yeah I think there is something to the regular season. but I think there is more to the momentum you have going into the post season. Like UCONN when they won the national championship they built up some momentum going into the Big East Tourney then didn't lose from then on. Who knows. Maybe its nothing and all just a big game of chance. haha

Jimmy Lemke
12-06-2012, 11:17 AM
This is a team with NCAA tournament talent and a 5-25 culture. That's what needs to change.