PDA

View Full Version : 12.5 Buffalo

Jimmy Lemke
12-02-2012, 08:43 PM
It's a turnaround into a busy week as Milwaukee takes on Buffalo Wednesday, NIU Friday and DePaul Sunday.

Score?
MVP?
3 Keys?

Mine:

77-68 Milwaukee.
MVP Paris Gulley
Spreading out the floor by making their threes, not giving up easy baskets, pushing the transition game.

MayorCK
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
74-62 Milwaukee
MVP: Paris Gulley

Less minutes (I'm saying 20, as opposed to 30) for Austin Arians, at least until his D improves.

Kelm can't get caught with his hands down on defense.

Meetch needs to bounce back after a bad game at UNI.

Spirit of Bruce
12-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Milwaukee 68
Buffalo 61

MVP: Jordan Aaron

1. Shore up the defense.
2. Meetch forgets UNI fast.
3. Paris keeps doing what he's doing.

uwmpanthers10
12-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Milwaukee 64
Buffalo 51

MVP: Kyle Kelm

1. Bobo needs to step up and spell Jordan, as with 3 games in 5 days for the second time this year, we can't afford for Jordan to be exhausted by DePaul
2. Haarsma/Kelm need to play shut down interior defense on McCrea, and at least contain his huge presence
3. As it has been, and will be all season, Free Throws

MU/Panther
12-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I think this is the free pizza game for students.

Jimmy Lemke
12-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Well **** let's all bust out our old student ID's then!

One thing I really want to see: if Austin Arians plays a lot of minutes, I want a lot of offensive production out of him to justify it. He had some real trouble defensively on Saturday.

MU/Panther
12-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Panthers are a 4 point favorite.

Tyrunner0097
12-05-2012, 11:17 AM
A pretty good sign in that I've seen quite a few students wearing their Klotsche Krazies shirts on campus. Should have a healthy student crowd tonight.

Jimmy Lemke
12-05-2012, 11:36 AM
There'll be no Pick and Roll Press because I literally just remembered it. Setting one up for Friday

MU/Panther
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
I think the free pizza is for Friday night versus NIU.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/wiml/genrel/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/1213bbpromoschedule.pdf

MU/Panther
12-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Numbers don't lie

Box Score
http://www.uwmpanthers.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2012-2013/uwm08.html

Delux269
12-05-2012, 09:48 PM
I was completely shocked watching that game. The rebounding stood out the most to me. I really think MKE rebounds to win 20 games this year

Delux269
12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Kelm and Haarsma a combined 2-14 for 5 points and 5 rebounds. That is not gonna get it done from your starters

lutzow10
12-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Well that was hard to watch. I mean what can you do when your whole team is just ice cold for most of the game. And my god, our help rotation is possibly the worst I have seen at the college level. We barely helped and when we did it was the guy who helped who's guy scored. In high school that's one of the things that we worked on constantly. Five offensive players and four defenders and you had to keep all five guys from being able to get a open shot or layup for 15 seconds. I mean I thought college basketball players are supposed to have fundamentals down by now.

Other than that we just got out played. McCrea was unstoppable. The kid has game. When Buffalo was coming towards the student section I was watching closely how Meech played him and half the time Meech's defense was textbook and McCrea still found a way to get the ball in the basket. I feel like we should have double teamed him more but as I said above when we did we got burned, usually by number 2.

Shooting wise, It just seemed like we had no feel for it at all. I mean this was our home court. I can understand sometimes when you are away and shots are off but man. Haarsma and Kelm had no touch at all in the lane, we missed layups... some we really missed.

Trying to look on the brightside I felt like Paris had a decent game, which is hard to do when everyone around you is struggling and the team knows you are one of the only people playing decent that night. J-O did okay. A lot of his baskets were garbage baskets there at the end though. I felt bad for Meech because defensively He really played his ass off, but McCrea was just not missing anything in the lane. Offensively, he really needs to work on his hands. He has a lot of bobbled balls and dropped passes. Its hard to balance being a strong bruiser like he is with touch and finesse but hopefully he finds it. He's gotta start making more of those layups and short hook and post shoots. I mean so many of them he has his guy beat and just chucks it up there way too hard. I noticed that Haarsma doesn't go strong enough a lot of times. There are so many times when he takes post shots from where he is on the court instead of trying to go at his guy. I know that he probably was discouraged from those 2 times he got stuffed (might have been 3) but you have to keep going at your guy. Learn from how he is playing you. No guy is so big that you can't get your shot up. Kelm had another one of those mysterious Kelm games. Like he was out there but he really didn't do much to make me notice him. He sort of was just "there". I mean he didn't play poorly but he really didn't do that much that he could have screwed up. Its like he is playing timid or something. I honestly don't get it. I don't know if it has to do with how he starts off games or what.

All in all a Loss is a Loss and you just have to get over it and on to the next one. I just wish we played better. Especially since so many students left before it was over. Hopefully we have a great game against NIU and they will come for the pizza and stay for the good basketball being played.

Delux269
12-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I haven't seen a team get outrebounded 47-23 in quite some time.

Buffalo shot almost 56% from the field. Only shot 3 free throws total. Allowing an opponent to shoot 56% and getting more than doubled up on the glass is a great recipe to get blown out

MU/Panther
12-05-2012, 09:57 PM
No energy, no fight, no sprit in this team.