PDA

View Full Version : DJO in D-League

Goose85
11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Looks like DJO is one of many players from the 2012 draft assigned to the D-League.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/lamb-marshall-latest-first-round-picks-in-d-league-parade/

IWB
11-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Great link Goo - I think it is a good thing that the NBA is using the D-League more and more, it keeps guys alive as opposed to "he didn't make it year 1 he's gone", especially for the younger guys who need to be on the floor - experience is everything.

I noticed last night that Jerel is also playing in the D-League for the Bakersfield Jam, averaging 28 mpg, 16 ppg, 6.3 assists and 3.0 rebounds. On the flipside, he is turning it over too often at a clip of 4.3 per game. He is also playing alongside Brian Butch who is averaging 13.7 points and 13.3 rebounds per game.

TheSultan
11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
I would think that Butch is going to get an NBA look soon. Now that he's been fully de-Boed....

CaribouJim
11-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Great link Goo - I think it is a good thing that the NBA is using the D-League more and more, it keeps guys alive as opposed to "he didn't make it year 1 he's gone", especially for the younger guys who need to be on the floor - experience is everything.

I noticed last night that Jerel is also playing in the D-League for the Bakersfield Jam, averaging 28 mpg, 16 ppg, 6.3 assists and 3.0 rebounds. On the flipside, he is turning it over too often at a clip of 4.3 per game. He is also playing alongside Brian Butch who is averaging 13.7 points and 13.3 rebounds per game.

Especially in the NBA where practice time can be scarce. I think the plethora of high profile picks now in the NBDL is also an indicator that too many guys are leaving early and just aren't ready for prime time. IMO a lot would have been better served to stay in college for another year.

Hope DJO makes the best of it. Novak went up and down at least a couple times before the right opportunity presented itself.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Playing well:

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-73523971/

CaribouJim
12-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Wasn't Danny Pannagio, ex-MU assistant, their HC at one time - is he still?

IWB
12-01-2012, 07:39 PM
He was, but no longer. He is now coaching the Shanghi Sharks in the Chinese League. I believe that may be one of the teams that Rab coached.