PDA

View Full Version : Need More Warriors

Halo
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Vander Blue is a Warrior. He was one of the few who would not give up last night. Love having this kid on MU and his skills are now catching up with his toughness. But MU needs more. In the past they had Diener, Amigos, Lazar, Butler, Jae. Who else can be with Vander? We need Jamil Wilson to take it up a level.

MUMac
11-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Vander Blue is a Warrior. He was one of the few who would not give up last night. Love having this kid on MU and his skills are now catching up with his toughness. But MU needs more. In the past they had Diener, Amigos, Lazar, Butler, Jae. Who else can be with Vander? We need Jamil Wilson to take it up a level.

Up a level from last year, that is. Up many, many levels from this years play, thus far.

MUAlphaBangura
11-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Jamil has been inconsistent this year. Has played a couple games at a very high level, but needs to come with intensity night in and night out. Hasn't showed that mean streak that he needs to play at the highest level. He might just be too nice a kid. Derrick might be the only other guy I see on this team that could potentially be a "warrior".

CaribouJim
11-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Jamil has been inconsistent this year. Has played a couple games at a very high level, but needs to come with intensity night in and night out. Hasn't showed that mean streak that he needs to play at the highest level. He might just be too nice a kid. Derrick might be the only other guy I see on this team that could potentially be a "warrior".

Last night Jamil was a major disappointment, but I think he'll turn it around - it's a long season. He's developing one of the best mid-range jump shots I've seen at MU since Oliver Lee.

kneelb4zerg
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't know, was Jamil a warrior last year when he was stuck playing center after CO and Davante were hurt? Or did he somehow lose or forfeit that warrior status?

dw3dw3dw3
11-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't know, was Jamil a warrior last year when he was stuck playing center after CO and Davante were hurt? Or did he somehow lose or forfeit that warrior status?

Not to pile it on Jamil, but when I see him play I always get the feeling he has Dwight Howard Syndrome. Awesome athletic ability, too nice to use it in a way that would make us fans happy. The bull-dog quotes from Buzz were quite telling, quite the difference between him and Jae so far.

MUAlphaBangura
12-01-2012, 09:10 PM

He certainly was a warrior last year. With the help of Jae. Don't think warrior status is a permanent thing. He needs to bring it consistently on both ends of the court. To this point in the season he has not. Doesn't mean we don't like him or are down on him. Jamil needs to dig down deep and find it within to be the man all by himself, without anyone elses help(Jae). He is capable. He just has to believe it.

Gato78
12-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Think Travis Diener: the dude needs that Travis Diener toughness. He won't get to the next level without it.

Nukem2
12-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Jamil needs to develop a "mean streak" on the court. Such a good guy, but he needs to be tough on the court.

TheSultan
12-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I simply would have thought that two years of practicing with the likes of Jae, and a year of guarding post players in Otule's absence, that he would have developed a tougher game. Maybe he simply doesn't have that in him....that he simply cannot be the brute of a forward that we have gotten used to the last handful of years.

Nukem2
12-02-2012, 06:28 PM
I simply would have thought that two years of practicing with the likes of Jae, and a year of guarding post players in Otule's absence, that he would have developed a tougher game. Maybe he simply doesn't have that in him....that he simply cannot be the brute of a forward that we have gotten used to the last handful of years.
Conversely, Jamil's skills are better suited for the 5 spot...?