PDA

View Full Version : Any updates on mayo?

MUBRACES
11-29-2012, 01:10 PM
Is he working toward returning after the semester break? Or is this still an unknown return?

IWB
11-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Unknown - He has to do very well this semester, and if he does, he may have a shot, but will then have to go under a review, and that will determine whether or not he can return. Still too early to tell.

2013UnleashTheBeast
11-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Unknown - He has to do very well this semester, and if he does, he may have a shot, but will then have to go under a review, and that will determine whether or not he can return. Still too early to tell.

Marquette review or NCAA review?

IWB
11-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Marquette.

Goose85
11-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I think this has been a Marquette thing all along. Had new rules not been inacted, Mayo may not have been an academic casualty to this point.

TheSultan
11-29-2012, 03:07 PM
I think this has been a Marquette thing all along. Had new rules not been inacted, Mayo may not have been an academic casualty to this point.

Well, if we are going to go to those lengths, then I would argue that it actually a Mayo thing.

GOMU1104
11-29-2012, 03:14 PM

If he dropped below the required credit count by the NCAA, how is it a Marquette thing?

IWB
11-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Because - The NCAA issue is a current, "this semester" issue. If he performs well enough, it will be MU that decides whether or not they want to give him another shot.

bleedbluegold03
12-02-2012, 02:19 PM
scout's board had a poster that stated he ran into Mayo and he confirmed he would return on Dec 15th FWIW

lj854
12-02-2012, 03:09 PM
scout's board had a poster that stated he ran into Mayo and he confirmed he would return on Dec 15th FWIW

I don't see how he could say this until his grades are in.

MUBRACES
12-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Well..... If he was in-eligible because he dropped a class and fell below the required 12 credits to be a full time student, I'm assuming the semester ends around the 15th, and as long as he is enrolled for 12 credits for the spring semester ( which makes him a full time student again) he qualifies again under NCAA rules.... And as long as MU approves his return (which buzz maybe already did), then he would know for sure that he will be back after the 15th?

Nukem2
12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Well..... If he was in-eligible because he dropped a class and fell below the required 12 credits to be a full time student, I'm assuming the semester ends around the 15th, and as long as he is enrolled for 12 credits for the spring semester ( which makes him a full time student again) he qualifies again under NCAA rules.... And as long as MU approves his return (which buzz maybe already did), then he would know for sure that he will be back after the 15th?
It would be after the 15th as the 15th is the last day for Final Exams. A similar case was when Niv Berkowitz could not play against AZ because MU had a scheduled exam day that date. As for Todd, he thus cannot play or practice until after the 15th and that would be subject to the academic review that IWB has spoken of ( as well as Buzz's OK ). But, first things first as Todd needs to pass his courses with the appropriate grades.

IWB
12-02-2012, 04:31 PM
as long as MU approves his return (which buzz maybe already did)

I don't think this is simply a "Buzz decision". Will not likely know anything for another 2 weeks yet.

MUMac
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Two thoughts on this subject. 1. I would assume Mayo knows what he needs to do to get eligible (GPA, attendance ...). He should have a good feel for where he sits in his classes on those matters. or 2. What would you expect him to say anyway?

JohnnyRev
12-03-2012, 09:16 PM
One other thing that gives me hope is Todd's recent tweet (I don't remember the date or exact words) to the effect that he looks forward to a new beginning, but this time as "much wiser." If his attitude is much better, and even he seems to admit that his attitude has to improve, I have genuine hope that he will be allowed to return to the team after this semester is over.