PDA

View Full Version : So... Remember that party the team had the first week on campus?

royalty414
11-29-2012, 01:13 AM
From the Journal Sentinel:

"Players ticketed: Kelm, Harris and Wolf along with senior Ryan Haggerty and redshirt freshman J.J. Panoske were cited Sept. 9 by Milwaukee police at an off-campus residence shared by some of the players.

Kelm and Panoske were ticketed for possession of alcohol by an underage person, with Panoske also being cited for resisting/obstructing a police officer. Harris was ticketed for disorderly conduct, while Haggerty and Wolf were ticketed for noise ordinance violations.

Kelm, Harris, Haggerty and Wolf pleaded no contest and paid fines ranging from $185 to $230. Panoske pleaded not guilty to both charges and is scheduled for a pretrial hearing on Jan. 14 in Milwaukee Municipal Court."

Jimmy Lemke
11-29-2012, 09:16 AM
Awesome. Didn't even see that. Just great. Wait til Shooting the J sees it.

lutzow10
11-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Sometimes I feel like the JS purposely wants to **** us over.

royalty414
11-29-2012, 12:09 PM
That's my biggest fear Jimmy. We have all of this dirt on other teams in the conference and most of our stuff goes unnoticed, but now that the JS posted something, the rest of the HL has ammo to fire back, even though I'm not too worried about most schools since there students don't even show up.

uwmpanthers10
11-29-2012, 12:29 PM
I think we just figured out at least one of the reasons that JJ hasn't been playing. Hard to see the court as a Freshman when you have an upcoming court date for an alcohol offense.

royalty414
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think that's necessarily why he isn't playing. Jeter has not hesitated to play players in the past who are in similar situations. I think there's a lot more to it. If Kelm's foot is really that painful to play on as the J-S stated, I think Jeter would be playing JJ regardless. Since he's not playing, I think it has a lot more to do with basketball and basketball alone. Maybe he's just not ready in Jeter's eyes yet.

MayorCK
11-29-2012, 05:46 PM
This is just wonderful news.

Spirit of Bruce
11-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Bad news, but look on the bright side. Buzz Williams would probably gladly take these piddly offenses compared to the crap he normally has to deal with. Haha

royalty414
11-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Bad news, but look on the bright side. Buzz Williams would probably gladly take these piddly offenses compared to the crap he normally has to deal with. Haha

I completely agree. Let's just hope this is as bad as it gets and we don't have to worry about anything escalating past house parties.

illwauk
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
What? Underage UWM students were DRINKING?!

...surely you jest :D

MU/Panther
12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I will tell you this, nobody outside of the message boards has said one word about this. I didn't hear about it on TV or the radio.