PDA

View Full Version : Gross

MUBasketball
11-28-2012, 10:44 PM
This just pisses me off...

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=323332504

unclejohn
11-29-2012, 01:30 AM
Hey, those Panthers are tough on their home court!

IrwinFletcher
11-29-2012, 06:53 AM
But.....

Boise St knocked off Creighton and almost beat MSU....

Djgoldnboy
11-29-2012, 07:51 AM
To be fair, they are 5-1, not defending or even saying they will be anything this year, but we've had our share of close games against lesser opponents. And when a team is hot from behind the 3, anyone can hang with anyone.

MUMac
11-29-2012, 08:05 AM
To be fair, they are 5-1, not defending or even saying they will be anything this year, but we've had our share of close games against lesser opponents. And when a team is hot from behind the 3, anyone can hang with anyone.

Come on now. This board, and every MU board, would be apopoliptic if MU lost to Prairie View anywhere (a 3-5 team going into the game, buy the way). That is not embarrassing, that is disgusting.

As good fortune would have it, Houston get's a chance for revenge (or Prairie View get's a chance for a sweep). Why is Houston scheduling Prairie View twice?

kneelb4zerg
11-29-2012, 08:18 AM
But.....

Boise St knocked off Creighton and almost beat MSU....

Boise St, which isn't bringing bball to the BE anyway...

Goose85
11-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Illinois needed a desperation 3 to beat Gardner Webb, so it does happen.

Problem with Houston, included in their five wins are close games over Florida A&M, San Jose State and Texas A&M CC.

unclejohn
11-29-2012, 09:30 AM

To be fairer, they have beaten Bunnytown State, The Little Sisters of the Poor, and Iowa School for the Dead.

No, seriously, they have beaten Florida A&M, Gramling, and Texas A+M Corpus Christi. Oh, and they also beat Louisiana. Not LSU. Louisiana College, the only Baptist four-year college in Louisiana. I am sure it is a great school, but I bet Cardinal Stritch would kick their ass.

MUBasketball
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Illinois needed a desperation 3 to beat Gardner Webb, so it does happen.

This is the problem...you sound like Mike Aresco. Twisting facts, cold hard facts, to try and put polish on a turd. Houston sucks. Houston has sucked for 30 years. Hakeem ain't walking through that door. They have been completely irrelevent for decades, and that won't change. Their old, dungy, dark arena is empty for games. They are not a good addition.

Goose85
11-29-2012, 02:00 PM
This is the problem...you sound like Mike Aresco. Twisting facts, cold hard facts, to try and put polish on a turd. Houston sucks. Houston has sucked for 30 years. Hakeem ain't walking through that door. They have been completely irrelevent for decades, and that won't change. Their old, dungy, dark arena is empty for games. They are not a good addition.

You didn't read the rest of my post. I went on to say the problem with Houston is 3 of their wins were close games over Florida A&M, San Jose State and Texas A&M CC.
One loss, it happens. But after looking at Houston's wins, it almost looked like such a loss was inevitable due struggles with some of the teams they beat.

After landing a couple top 100 guys you would think they would be performing better than they are.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Only one top 100 guy is playing, and he is a freshman... The other is out till next year.

Mucrisco
11-29-2012, 03:20 PM
I actually like their old dingy arena. It was cool being in there. But yes, that is embarrassing.

MUMac
11-29-2012, 03:23 PM
I actually like their old dingy arena. It was cool being in there. But yes, that is embarrassing.

I would two, but unfortunately - and no offense is intended towards you - neither you nor I are the target market to increase attendance at programs like Houston.

IrwinFletcher
11-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Boise St, which isn't bringing bball to the BE anyway...

I am aware of that, just pointing out an example of a school with zero basketball tradition knocked off a school that is getting a lot of love these days.

kneelb4zerg
11-29-2012, 04:14 PM
I am aware of that, just pointing out an example of a school with zero basketball tradition knocked off a school that is getting a lot of love these days.

OK, sorry about that

Mucrisco
11-29-2012, 11:05 PM
I would two, but unfortunately - and no offense is intended towards you - neither you nor I are the target market to increase attendance at programs like Houston.

Very true. They just need to win. That will draw people. Losing that game certainly won't draw people. Cameron Indoor is kind of a dump too, but it was the coolest place I've gotten to shoot buckets at.