PDA

View Full Version : Louisville to the ACC?

Mucrisco
11-27-2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/college-gridiron-365/os-fbc-acc-reportedly-voting-on-expansion-that-could-include-louisville-20121127,0,1663599.post

Mucrisco
11-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Perhaps one vote shy?
http://atlanticcoastconfidential.com/

kneelb4zerg
11-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Louisville tweeps (Mark Ennis) seem confident this will happen.

warriorfan4life
11-28-2012, 12:17 AM
I hope they get it so we can pull the plug on this stupid hybrid. I think a 9-10 team return to the original Big East roots has a ton of potential, with many reasons being that everything that is being dismissed in this crazy new world can be featured here (natural rivalries, true round robin schedule, focus on what happens on the court).

IWB
11-28-2012, 07:21 AM
UConn does not want to leave, therefore Louisville should be the one, though they do not have enough of the majority votes from the ACC members....yet.

I understand wanting to leave the hybrid and get back to the roots, but understand that if MU, G'Town, St. John's etc were to do that now, the football members would retain the Big East name, the conference tourney at Madison Square Garden and all of the dollars from the defectors....including MU.

No matter what sounds like the best option, the basketball only schools need to ride it out if they want to stay in the game.

TheSultan
11-28-2012, 07:52 AM
IWB, if two teams leave, the basketball schoools would have the 2/3 majority they need to vote to stop offering football. (If my understanding is correct.) Would the bball schools take that step if that occurs?

Halo
11-28-2012, 07:54 AM
UConn does not want to leave? That is very interesting...I wonder why?

IWB
11-28-2012, 08:00 AM
IWB, if two teams leave, the basketball schoools would have the 2/3 majority they need to vote to stop offering football. (If my understanding is correct.) Would the bball schools take that step if that occurs?

I honestly don't know, but I don't think so. Not yet anyway. Look, the basketball only schools can form their own conference at any time. Schools like Xavier, Butler etc aren't going anywhere. There is no rush to get out, because your options will be there, you need to wait and see what all of your options will be before you make a decision.

Will the Big 10 or ACC add basketball only schools? I doubt it, but wait and see. You form your own conference now, you eliminate that possibility.

bleedbluegold03
11-28-2012, 08:05 AM
my thought's on this sinking ship

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/guy-jumps-out-of-window-suddenly.gif

Mucrisco
11-28-2012, 08:42 AM
So much for that rivalry. Will we keep a home and home?
http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-acc-presidents-vote-add-louisville-134324752--spt.html

Goose85
11-28-2012, 08:52 AM
No way MU leaves the Big East for a basketball only conference. Are we really going to pay almost 5 to 10 years of tv money to get out of the Big East and to a new hoops only conference?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-28-2012, 08:52 AM
This ship is taking on water faster each day...I understand that we have to wait it out to get the exit money from everyone, but hopefully at that point there is a plan. With Louisville out I would assume the next move will be from the big 10 or the big 12... At this point though I'm hoping it happens faster as opposed to slower

Goose85
11-28-2012, 08:57 AM
All depends on what the Big 10 does next. There seems to be no question they will take two more teams and call it a day. Who will they be and what dominos fall from there is the big question.

bleedbluegold03
11-28-2012, 09:05 AM
SILVER LINING ALERT:

In the new Big Easy we will be top 2-3 in basketball, m soccer, w soccer, and w volleyball every year

bleedbluegold03
11-28-2012, 09:07 AM
or in other words, at least we're not Seton Hall or Providence

Goose85
11-28-2012, 09:36 AM
I know none of this matters as there is likely to be a whole lot more shifting going on, but what the heck.

I would think that if a school like ECU were to add lacrosse they might get in for all sports now with Rutgers an ND leaving. Very low on lacrosse teams and the other newcomers don't have lacrosse. I know what Larry W would like to do with the lacrosse program.

Baseball will be ok as the new teams coming in have baseball and that will offset the baseball school departures. Actually help, as the new baseball schools are in warmer climates.

Hoops is still not terrible. Normal NCAA teams in MU, G-Town, Vill, Cincy, UConn, Memphis, Temple. No longer expected to be a 9+ bid league, but still better than the A-10 and most of the big 4 conferences year in and year out and the ACC.

MU
Georgetown
Villanova
Cincy
UConn
St. John's
Providence
Seton Hall
South Florida
DePaul
Temple
Memphis

Markedman
11-28-2012, 10:30 AM
"The ACC's decision to add Louisville is a blow for Connecticut, which had been looking for a landing spot since Pittsburgh and Syracuse announced their Big East exits. UConn President Susan Herbst had indicated that an invitation to join that ACC is something the school would welcome."

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-28-2012, 10:38 AM
UCONN and Cincinnati will eventually get that invite, it might not be this week, but once things break a little more they will get it.

Goose85
11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
UCONN and Cincinnati will eventually get that invite, it might not be this week, but once things break a little more they will get it.

But that may only be after two more teams leave the ACC. The ACC is on eggshells right now. All it will take is for two teams to go to the Big 10 and all heck could break loose. That could lead to anywhere from 4 to 8 teams jumping ship. Then again, maybe nothing happens, but if the last two years is any indicator something will definately happen.