PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the game and...........

mufansince72
11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Roseboro is awful. Glad he decided to leave.

MUBasketball
11-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Yup.

This magnifies the difficulty that coaches must have....who to offer, and who to pass over. Roseboro was under the radar, then plays well in a All-Star game (or whatever it was) against good competition, and suddenly big schools take interest. From MU's perspective, what if this kid continues to blow up? Well, better jump on him early. Trouble with that is exactly what happened. Turns out it was an aberration, and a complete mistake to offer the kid. Not easy.

Nukem2
11-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Yes, it was for the best. Did not play out well for Buzz on message boards and in social/electronic media, but the right thing happened. I'm sure we all know friends and relatives who washed out in their first posat-HS endeavors and went on to better things. Its called life.

IWB
11-27-2012, 09:22 AM
People still point the finger at Buzz, though when I was around that summer, it was clear to me that Roseboro knew he was in over head. He appeared to be dis-engaged with things, quiet, sticking to the background etc. I am not saying Buzz didn't have anything to do with the decision, but I do think the decision was as much Brett's as it was Buzz'.