PDA

View Full Version : Vander to sit tonight....

IWB
11-26-2012, 08:36 AM
I haven't seen it yet, so sorry if this is a re-post, but Michael Hunt attended practice last night and tweeted that Buzz has decided to sit Vander tonight.

Good move as you really can't take a chance at an already thin position this early in the season, but with Florida looming later in the week, you don't want him rusty.

Thoughts?

TheSultan
11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Vander Blue shouldn't be the key to a victory over UMBC, so I think sitting him is the right call. After Florida, they don't play until UW right? So even if he is limited in some way against Florida, he has awhile to rest it.

warriorfan4life
11-26-2012, 09:33 AM
UMBC is also a great game to get Ferguson some real minutes. They are one of the last two dregs on schedule (with NC Central), and we need to get Jamal some game seasoning in case of Blue and/or Lockett having to miss a large chunk of time (think Blue will be good to go before these next two key games).

Nukem2
11-26-2012, 10:04 AM
Mike Broeker says sitting Vander is easiest decision in Buzz's 5 years.

http://www.twitter.com/miikebroeker (http://www.twitter.com/mikebroeker)

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-26-2012, 10:45 AM
It's really hard for any of us to make that choice. If the injury can't get worse by playing and he feels fine then let him play, if its something that could be made worse you hold him back even if he is feeling fine.

Most of us don't know exact details so its hard to say.

Nukem2
11-26-2012, 10:47 AM
It's really hard for any of us to make that choice. If the injury can't get worse by playing and he feels fine then let him play, if its something that could be made worse you hold him back even if he is feeling fine.

Most of us don't know exact details so its hard to say.

Obviously Buzz and the docs from MOGL have made that decision

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
IWB asked for thoughts, those are my thoughts. Obviously the team made the choice...

bleedbluegold03
11-26-2012, 10:59 AM
the big question will be if this is actually just a one game thing

IIRC last year Gardner's time table kept on being pushed back, and being pushed back, and being pushed back

though the fact that they have different body types so recoveries should not be compared has been beaten to death as well

MUAlphaBangura
11-26-2012, 01:15 PM
the big question will be if this is actually just a one game thing

IIRC last year Gardner's time table kept on being pushed back, and being pushed back, and being pushed back

though the fact that they have different body types so recoveries should not be compared has been beaten to death as well

The difference between Vander and Davante is everybody seems to be saying Vander is fine Whereas last season with Davante, I don't recall anybody saying Davante "was fine". Hope Vander "is fine".

warriorfan4life
11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
The difference between Vander and Davante is everybody seems to be saying Vander is fine Whereas last season with Davante, I don't recall anybody saying Davante "was fine". Hope Vander "is fine".

Different injuries as well. Gardner turned out to have a dislocated kneecap, whereas Vander has a sprain (most likely an MCL sprain, and probably a grade one sprain).

Nukem2
11-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Was at the BC at 6:00 last night and Vander was in uniform warming up with the team. He was moving around well and shooting 3s and whatever. He did not return on-=court with the team after the team came out for the second set of warmups prior to the game.