PDA

View Full Version : 12.1 Northern Iowa

Jimmy Lemke
11-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh lord is this going to be a rough one.

Milwaukee vs. UNI
Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012
Cedar Falls, Iowa
7:00 pm central
TV: ESPN3
Radio: 1130 WISN

Predictions? This should be fun:

Score?
Panther MVP?
Three keys?

MayorCK
11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
57-56 Milwaukee

MVP: Paris Gulley, but JO hits the buzzer-beater to win the game.

Keys:

1. Paris gets back into gear rather rapidly.

2. Continued improvement in post-perimeter points balance.

3. Continued growth and more minutes from Evan and JJ. Rider game was step in right direction for both.

MayorCK
11-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Of course my prediction assumes Paris will be back. I have no inside info that he will be, just wishful thinking based on past reports.

Spirit of Bruce
11-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Milwaukee 64
Northern Iowa 60

MVP: Kyle Kelm
Why? I cite a movie reference. In Days of Thunder, Tom Cruise wrecks at Daytona, comes back in a funk, and doesn't come all the way back until he races at Daytona again. Northern Iowa is Kyle Kelm's Daytona, the place where he got hurt and had his rhythm thrown off. Saturday the monkey comes off his back.

3 keys:

1. Hopefully Paris is back.

2. Evan expands on his game last sunday, or at the very least a repeat performance.

3. Meetch continues to improve in the post, and makes more FTs than he misses. He showed vs. Davidson he can do it, even in crunch time.

Jimmy Lemke
11-27-2012, 08:13 PM
I'd like to see the team play stronger defense.

Anonymous Panther
11-28-2012, 04:16 PM
My prediction:

Northern Iowa-1,000
Milwaukee-0

Nothing will change, as has always been the case. The coaching staff will once again ill=prepare the players, and nobody will have good answers in the post-game interviews. Ugh...

Jimmy Lemke
11-28-2012, 06:18 PM
If Milwaukee loses by more than 20 I'd be surprised.

Derek Spallone
11-28-2012, 08:03 PM
I will be honest Milwaukee will win this game the final score of 72-65. The offense will get rolling again, if Paris Gulley plays then I expect him to be MVP with 15 Pts, 5AST, and 3RBS, 1Steal. If he does not play, then Jordan Aaron will lead the way. This will be his breakout game 22Points, 8AST, 2Boards, and 2 steals, with 3 Turnovers.

Three keys: 1. Getting the damn ball in the pain! Lets establish a post presence, or if not lets attack the damn rim, quit settling for 3's drive, get fouled, worse come to worse you get blocked who cares. But, we need the offense to get rolling. Kyle, James, Ryan, Demetrius, etc.
2. Transition Defense, it will be important for us to get back and not let them get any type of numbers in transition. Of a miss, get back on D nothing easy they need to play aggressive, and with authority.
3. Cut off the Turnovers & More Rebounds. We will lose if we turn the ball over more then 10 times PERIOD. We need to crash boards, second chance opportunities, that will give us the best chance to win!
LETS GO PANTHERS GET BACK ON TRACK!

Derek Spallone
11-28-2012, 08:04 PM
*Paint I meant not pain! haha

lutzow10
11-28-2012, 11:13 PM
We need to play a more balanced game if we are gonna win this game. I know its hard to get the ball in the paint when you cant spread things out because you arent hitting threes (like in the last few games) But when we have been hitting threes thats all we try to do. Once we hit a few we need to balnce our attac with inside play as well. If they see us making shots from the peremiter it makes getting the ball inside so much easier because they have to play honest. In the last few games out three ball had suffered and they have been able to crowd the paint and make scoring inside almost impossible. Not every game can be like the USC game. We cant live and die by the 3 if we want to win games.

lutzow10
11-28-2012, 11:14 PM
*Perimeter

lutzow10
11-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Man. Not having autocorrect turned on on my iphone is weird. I never realized how many little errors i make because of my big clunky fingers. Haha

Jimmy Lemke
11-29-2012, 09:17 AM
This is a big game. I hope Kyle Kelm sees it for what it is: the place where he suffered his shoulder injury and things went awry last year. He hasn't been the same since. Let's hope he comes full circle on Saturday.

lutzow10
11-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Spirit of Bruce said he hopes its like the movie Days of Thunder. I feel bad saying anyone should be like Tom Cruise but Dang it all to heck I hope Kelm is like Tom Cruise on saturday and tears it up. It was a great comparison though.

I also hope that I can find a way to watch the game. Turns out my uncle doesnt have ESPN Full Court so I have to check if its playing on any other channels or if I can find a stream of it online or something. If anyone knows a way let me know.

royalty414
11-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Spirit of Bruce said he hopes its like the movie Days of Thunder. I feel bad saying anyone should be like Tom Cruise but Dang it all to heck I hope Kelm is like Tom Cruise on saturday and tears it up. It was a great comparison though.

I also hope that I can find a way to watch the game. Turns out my uncle doesnt have ESPN Full Court so I have to check if its playing on any other channels or if I can find a stream of it online or something. If anyone knows a way let me know.

It'll be streaming on ESPN3 online.

Jimmy Lemke
11-29-2012, 08:15 PM
He wouldn't be like Cruise, he would be like Cole Trickle.

MayorCK
11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
It's cool that we're getting an ESPN 3 broadcast. Doesn't seem to me that happens all that much, but then again I rarely have to watch a game outside whatever arena we're playing in.

Jimmy Lemke
11-29-2012, 09:01 PM
It's a good thing.

You know something I realized just now? We recruit a ton against UNI. Just the players they've had recently: all the Koch brothers, Chip Rank, Ali Faroukmanesh, Wes Washpun, the list goes on.

royalty414
12-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Talked to Paris this morning. I asked him if he'll be able to play tonight and he said yes. We'll see how much Jeter plays him.

Jimmy Lemke
12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Yeah I texted him yesterday and he didn't get back to me until about 15 minutes ago. Did my tweet beat your forum post?

Jimmy Lemke
12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Aritcle link: Kelm has a chance to come full circle (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?477-A-chance-to-come-full-circle)

royalty414
12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah I texted him yesterday and he didn't get back to me until about 15 minutes ago. Did my tweet beat your forum post?

My tweet from the KlotscheKrazies twitter beat your twitter post by about 2 minutes.

thepantherfan
12-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Milwaukee 64
Northern Iowa 72

MVP will be Paris Gulley. I think his presence on the floor will alleviate a lot of the pressure JO is seeing.

-Haarsma and Bobo need to stay out of foul trouble. We NEED our best players to be on the floor as much as possible to stay in this game
-We need to play better defense, much better defense. I think if my first key is satisfied plus the addition of Paris our defense should be noticeably better.
-limit turnovers

WAR PANTHERS!!!!

Kyle Rawling
12-01-2012, 09:27 PM
To add on to the above, post presence and shot selection. I'm all for taking the open 3 when its there, but we are chucking it up there too many times. Part of the reason for this is our post presence hasn't established itself as a reliable threat. Again, the lack of a slasher expedites this problem. Barring the establishment of someone who can score consistently in the post, we're going to see this live by the 3, die by the 3 gameplan continue. Gulley's mid-range game was better tonight than last year, and I hope that continues, but even he's going to have his off nights.

Jimmy Lemke
12-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Holy **** thepantherfan was only a Milwaukee three away from being perfect.

lutzow10
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Thats kinda impressive. Pantherdamus

MU/Panther
12-04-2012, 12:41 PM
The radio guys said the Panthers played much better.

Can someone tell me what is up with Haarsma this season? Doesn't get many shots.

Jimmy Lemke
12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I couldn't tell you. I know nothing beyond the fact that he got himself benched against UALR.