PDA

View Full Version : Centers

Nukem2
11-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Davante and Chris together are putting up scoring and rebounding #s we've not seen at the center position since Jim Chones. As I suspected pre-season, this is an inside oriented team.

TedBaxter
11-24-2012, 03:31 PM
The one criticism I have on this team and with an individual player is that Davante has to stop the chippiness. He's going to cost this team a game this year if he continues as it will put him on the bench with fouls. Just do your job and quit yapping.

Nukem2
11-24-2012, 03:46 PM
The one criticism I have on this team and with an individual player is that Davante has to stop the chippiness. He's going to cost this team a game this year if he continues as it will put him on the bench with fouls. Just do your job and quit yapping.
Yes, he does need to tone things down.

GOMU1104
11-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Maybe its a Marquette Basketball tradition, but yelling AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD D OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE every time they go to the hoop is pretty pointless and annoying.

TheSultan
11-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Maybe its a Marquette Basketball tradition, but yelling AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD D OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE every time they go to the hoop is pretty pointless and annoying.

I don't think that's what Ted's talking about though. It's the final little shove...the histrionics when he is fouled...

kneelb4zerg
11-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I kind of like the attitude and the chippiness. If that's what it takes to help him play well, so be it.

TedBaxter
11-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I kind of like the attitude and the chippiness. If that's what it takes to help him play well, so be it.

He got T'd up for jawing with Dedman after the play the other day and he had to sit because of it. Stupid play #1. Pushing a guy out of bounds going for a loose ball. Stupid play #2. 2 fouls.

MUBasketball
11-24-2012, 08:06 PM

Well, sitting so close to the bench in Maui....I can assure you Buzz doesn't.

kneelb4zerg
11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
If Buzz wants to address this with him that's great, just saying it doesn't offend me on a personal level and it might be part of what makes him effective. Everyone makes stupid plays from time to time.

He got T'd up for jawing with Dedman after the play the other day and he had to sit because of it. Stupid play #1. Pushing a guy out of bounds going for a loose ball. Stupid play #2. 2 fouls.

MUMac
11-24-2012, 09:40 PM
If Buzz wants to address this with him that's great, just saying it doesn't offend me on a personal level and it might be part of what makes him effective. Everyone makes stupid plays from time to time.

Yikes. Damn glad you are not in coaching.

kneelb4zerg
11-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Whatever. I could say the same about everyone else who posts on message boards.

If Buzz is upset, that's good enough for me, but I don't see what the big freaking deal is if a player is an emotional guy.

Yikes. Damn glad you are not in coaching.

MUBasketball
11-24-2012, 10:22 PM
Whatever. I could say the same about everyone else who posts on message boards.

If Buzz is upset, that's good enough for me, but I don't see what the big freaking deal is if a player is an emotional guy.

It's not his emotion, it's his theatrics whenever he thinks he's been fouled. Flailing his arms and making a big demonstration.

MUAlphaBangura
11-25-2012, 11:45 AM
It's not his emotion, it's his theatrics whenever he thinks he's been fouled. Flailing his arms and making a big demonstration.

Agree completely. He's one of the strongest dudes on a basketball court, but when he get's fouled, or even muscled down low, you'd think somebody was physically assaulting him. I'm worried he will get a flagrant foul at some point, as when his arms are flopping all over the place, he has potential to make contact with an opponent. He needs to know it's ok to be the strongest guy out there and that he will still get calls if he is legitimately fouled.

MUMac
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Agree completely. He's one of the strongest dudes on a basketball court, but when he get's fouled, or even muscled down low, you'd think somebody was physically assaulting him. I'm worried he will get a flagrant foul at some point, as when his arms are flopping all over the place, he has potential to make contact with an opponent. He needs to know it's ok to be the strongest guy out there and that he will still get calls if he is legitimately fouled.

Eventually, the officials will stop calling the fouls that he draws due to his theatrics. Emotion can be both a positive and a negative. I also saw him lose a bit of control earlier this season. The official continued a dialogue with him for quite a while. Never a good thing.