PDA

View Full Version : Davante Gardner vs. DeJuan Blair

Mark Miller
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Interesting comparison between Devante Gardner and DeJuan Blair.

Gardner is listed at 6-foot-8 and 290 pounds. Blair is listed at 6-7 and 270 pounds.

Not saying Gardner is anywhere near as good as Blair, but perhaps he could be. His performance against St. John's was certainly encouraging.

Both are poof that height can be over-rated as far as effective inside players go. Bulk can be equally important.

IWB
01-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Blair was pretty athletic for a big, and I think that might be the difference, but last night in the media room post game, St. John's interim coach Mike Dunlap commented on the future of Davante, not word for word, but along these lines.....

"Buzz will keep working him to the point where he will lose 20-30 more pounds and then he will cause some real problems."

Goose85
01-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Davante reminds me of the old days when post players didn't just stuff the ball, they had moves too (stuffing was a T). I think with his weight and having heavy legs, Davante was not a dunking machine so he really developed the body position and flip off the backboard to avoid being blocked.

"Buzz will keep working him to the point he loses 20-30 more pound ..." IWB - can Buzz spend some time with you and me? I too need to shave about 20 or more.