PDA

View Full Version : Congrats MUBasketball

AlexJesswein
11-21-2012, 05:46 PM
At half, Mark got a shoutout from Mac for calling the Driscoll double tech.

ValiantSailor
11-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Any word on Vander?

VS

MUMac
11-21-2012, 06:39 PM

That's like calling that the sun will rise tomorrow.

IWB
11-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Any word on Vander?

VS

I heard from people there - said he has it packed in ice but moving well. Has me concerned, as with knee injuries you generally don't know how severe until later, but I have faith in Dr. Maccoux and Earnest Eugene - they were on him immediately, and the fact that they let him walk free after that tells me they are, well, ok with it? Will have to wait and see.

MUMac
11-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Any word on Vander?

VS

http://m.jsonline.com/180441101.htm

Encouraging news.

mutpm
11-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Normally with a blown ACL, the knee would swell up pretty quickly. We were 5 rows behind the bench and when Vander came back to the bench, it still wasn't swollen. I'm cautiously optimistic it's not a torn ACL.

IWB
11-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Looked pretty bad on TV, the way it bent back and was caught underneath him.

IrwinFletcher
11-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Vander tweeted he was OK and he would see everyone at the BC on Monday. Of course, he could be wearing a nice V-neck sweater and sitting on the end of the bench, but at least he said he felt good.

MUBasketball
11-21-2012, 08:37 PM

HEY...thank you sir!!!

I'm staying a few miles away, but spending most of my time at the beach bar behind the team hotel. Last night was something else. Tracked down anybody in the program who walked by and as my BAC kept rising I'm sure I became more annoying.

Anyway, Driscoll was there later in the night for some drinks and to watch the games. I almost started talking to him but thought better of it. He seemed like an arrogant prick to me...but then again I was drunk by this point.

Buzz was at the bar later in the night sitting next to O'Neill. Maybe a half hour tops before Buzz left. How long has Father Kelly been associated with the team? He gave KO a hug in the line after the game.

Thank God Vander didn't tear his ACL. I'm sure we all thought he did. Despite returning to the bench, after the game he was getting assistance to the locker room and walking very gingerly. So, huge sigh of relief knowing he didn't tear it. Hopefully he isn't out as long as Davante last season, I would assume he'll be sitting for UMBC.

IWB
11-21-2012, 09:41 PM
How long has Father Kelly been associated with the team? He gave KO a hug in the line after the game.

Since Bishop Henni founded Marquette University in 1881.

ziggysfryboy
11-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Since Bishop Henni founded Marquette University in 1881.

With authority!

IWB
11-21-2012, 10:48 PM
With authority!

Bon apatite!

Gato78
11-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Vander walking around fine.

Nukem2
11-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Vander walking around fine.

Was the floor slippery at the Lahaina Civic Center? Looked like Junior was having trouble staying on his feet.

IWB
11-22-2012, 10:40 AM
There were wet spots, I know on Monday Buzz noticed some spots, had the ref stop play and got Trent and Jake(?) down there to wipe it up.

beerhere6
11-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Concur w the fabulous scene at the Hyatt last night! Was seated right in front of Buzz and wife, visited by KO and his comical colorful language. Saw Buzz tell him "I thought we were really good today". LW also stopped for a quick visit/handshake. Driscoll a few seats down conversing w/ Homer. A great end to a great trip, glad to get off the island 2-1. Happy Thanksgiving!