PDA

View Full Version : Marquette -13 today

MU Viking
11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I haven't seen confirmation on the site I check, but a Mississippi State message board just had a post that said it was -13 Marquette and to put money on MU.

I am not really familiar with what is happening at MSU, but they are definitely shorthanded and down some starters due to injury and suspension, apparently.

We need to come out and pound the Bulldogs today (unlike the Bulldogs yesterday). I, for one, will then be rooting for USC to presumably upset Texas, so that we can play against Kevin O'Neill.

If we can finish out Maui with two wins, it will ease my disappointment in yesterday's game somewhat. Not that it is any consolation, but we likely would not have beaten UNC today if Clarke's shot had been off. I know, this is loser talk and it would have been fun to have the challenge of the Tar Heels, but we were likely looking at 2 wins max anyway.

Let's beat Mississippi State.

MU Viking
11-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Check that... the sites I'm looking at are mostly MU -15, with a couple being -14. Let's go.

IWB
11-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I am hoping we do NOT play Texas. Don't want to beat them handily, resulting in the Texas faithful demanding that Buzz replace Barnes.

MU Viking
11-20-2012, 10:05 AM
I would agree, Jim. Rooting for USC for numerous reasons.

Oddly, I've seen -1 Texas and -2 USC this morning, so it's hard to know where that line will land.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-20-2012, 12:28 PM
I would be very surprised if yesterday didn't serve as a wake-up call for Texas. USC just isn't very good. And if Texas loses to USC, wouldn't the calls for Buzz (or any Barnes replacement) be even louder? At least losing to us they'd be losing to a good team.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I am a Texas fan this year... We do not need a job opening there, I eluded to it last night, with conference realignment and admin issues we already know things with Buzz are at best uncertain...

MU Viking
11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
I am hoping we do NOT play Texas. Don't want to beat them handily, resulting in the Texas faithful demanding that Buzz replace Barnes.

Here's another reason to not want to play Texas... Texas has a guard that shows up as J Felix on GameCast (turns out it is Javan Felix). Anyone else want to avoid playing a guy named J Felix? Visions of Alabama during Novak's senior year rolling through my head. Go Trojans.