PDA

View Full Version : Hunt is pissing me off

MUBasketball
11-20-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm slightly drunk after a night drinking my sorrows away with fellow MU fans on the beach (I'm partially rubbing that in to you all back in Milwaukee :cool:), but I just got back and read Hunt's column from the game. This comment just had me pull my hair out (referencing Clarke):

"The guy is an above-average college shooter"

Anybody who follows college basketball knows Clarke is one of the best shooters in college hoops (which is indisputable). And Hunt says he's only "above-average"? No idea why something so minor pisses me off so royally, but just wondered if anybody else read the article and thought the same thing?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-20-2012, 05:32 AM
I'm amused by our manic relationship with Hunt. Hate, love, hate, love...it's a vicious circle. Having Michael Hunt as the Marquette beat reporter is like dating a crazy chick. When it's good, it's great, when it's bad, it's awful, but for damn sure it's never boring.

IWB
11-20-2012, 09:29 AM
Great post 77

bleedbluegold03
11-20-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm amused by our manic relationship with Hunt. Hate, love, hate, love...it's a vicious circle. Having Michael Hunt as the Marquette beat reporter is like dating a crazy chick. When it's good, it's great, when it's bad, it's awful, but for damn sure it's never boring.

so does that make Enlund like dating long distance? Boring, never see them, and hate every minute of it

MU Viking
11-20-2012, 09:51 AM
so does that make Enlund like dating long distance? Boring, never see them, and hate every minute of it

Relieved when the half-hearted relationship sort of just fizzles and dies...

TheSultan
11-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Enlund probably makes a mean casserole.

MUBasketball
11-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Haha, very true Brew and bleed!!

MUBasketball
11-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Regardless of how good of a shooter Clarke is, it was a miracle circus shot. But I just hate that he gives false information.

GOMU1104
11-20-2012, 11:43 AM
How about this blog post:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/179997371.html

Nukem2
11-20-2012, 12:16 PM
How about this blog post:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/179997371.htmlIt is factual. But, as a beat writer, he is not very "family-friendly".

TulsaWarrior
11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Hunt is the best coverage Marquette has gotten in years.

FYI, Marquette coaches were hot after Rotnei out of high school. Oral Roberts University even hired a relative in an attempt to recruit Clarke. Arkansas, Oklahoma State. Oklahoma and Tulsa were hot after him along with a long list of big name schools.

GOMU1104
11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Hunt is the best coverage Marquette has gotten in years.

FYI, Marquette coaches were hot after Rotnei out of high school. Oral Roberts University even hired a relative in an attempt to recruit Clarke. Arkansas, Oklahoma State. Oklahoma and Tulsa were hot after him along with a long list of big name schools.

Rosiak was far better than Hunt.

They hired his father to the DOBO position before it became illegal.

MUMac
11-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Rosiak was far better than Hunt.

They hired his father to the DOBO position before it became illegal.

I don't agree. I like Rosiak, but Hunt is at least a close 2nd or possibly higher up. He has blogged more about MU than Rosiak.

I am beginning to agree with the JS. MU fans will complain about any coverage.

Nukem2
11-20-2012, 04:04 PM
I don't agree. I like Rosiak, but Hunt is at least a close 2nd or possibly higher up. He has blogged more about MU than Rosiak.

I am beginning to agree with the JS. MU fans will complain about any coverage.Yes, they are both good. I would put Hunt second as I really don't like some of his edginess. But, certainly eons beyond Enlund who was mailing it in looking to a buyout and retirement.

GOMU1104
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm not complaining.

I think Hunt is doing a good job, I just don't think he's better than Rosiak. Todd put far more into his blog posts, had better coverage of our recruits and was more active on twitter (which is ESSENTIAL for any sports reporter) than Hunt.

It could've been the fact that Todd got on the MU beat earlier in his career, and used it to get promoted...whereas Enlund/Hunt are older and see MU as a demotion from what they were doing.

MUMac
11-20-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm not complaining.

I think Hunt is doing a good job, I just don't think he's better than Rosiak. Todd put far more into his blog posts, had better coverage of our recruits and was more active on twitter (which is ESSENTIAL for any sports reporter) than Hunt.

It could've been the fact that Todd got on the MU beat earlier in his career, and used it to get promoted...whereas Enlund/Hunt are older and see MU as a demotion from what they were doing.

Sorry, my 2nd comment was not intended for your post. I quoted you to comment on the Rosiak being far better. I was not implicating you or your comment with the complaint. More of a generalization on other comments in this thread. Sloppy posting on my part.

Gato78
11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Hunt left the game early today--did not see him in the 2nd half.

MUBasketball
11-20-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not complaining, Hunt's pumping out blogs and articles, which is great. Just some things are blatantly wrong that he says that really make me scratch my head.

Weem25
11-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Anyone know what this means...

"Once he gets eligible or doesn’t get eligible, that’s up to him," Williams said. "That doesn’t have anything to do with me."

Actually it does, but that's a different story.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Anyone know what this means...

"Once he gets eligible or doesn’t get eligible, that’s up to him," Williams said. "That doesn’t have anything to do with me."

Actually it does, but that's a different story.

I take it to mean that Todd has to do the work. And as he's on probation and can't have contact with anyone involved with the basketball program, it's on Todd, not on Buzz.

MUMac
11-21-2012, 10:51 AM
I take it to mean that Todd has to do the work. And as he's on probation and can't have contact with anyone involved with the basketball program, it's on Todd, not on Buzz.

I believe you are correct.

IWB
11-21-2012, 06:56 PM
He can have contact, just can't practice. I saw him in the offices last week.

Weem25
11-21-2012, 09:14 PM

I think that is Buzz's statement but why did Hunt follow up a line which Buzz says it has nothing to do with Buzz with "Actually it does, but that's a different story."

TheSultan
11-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Hunt stated in article about the game that Davante and Chris played on the floor at the same time against USC. I think he was flat out wrong about that. Statsheet doesn't appear to show them on the floor together.

Nukem2
11-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Hunt stated in article about the game that Davante and Chris played on the floor at the same time against USC. I think he was flat out wrong about that. Statsheet doesn't appear to show them on the floor together.I believe you are correct. I missed the last minute (would have been in deep do-doo otherwise as it was my wife's birthday dinner ) and I did not observe them togehter at all. If so, it was garbage time.