PDA

View Full Version : Is it fair to say...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-18-2012, 11:07 PM
That after this week we should know what this team is? I really think you can't take too much from the first two games, but I think after this week they are going to get atleast two games against some high major competition and we will be able to tell what this team is made of and whether they will sink or swim this year... Sure they could develop over the year some, but I think we will see how far they need to go after this week... Thoughts?

TedBaxter
11-19-2012, 05:29 AM
I don't think you know until you start conference play. They get almost a month of basketball only after finals and then you'll see what you will be getting.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-19-2012, 05:56 AM
This week will be a good indicator of how good they can be. How well do they handle Butler, do guys like Jamil and Lockett step up against higher competition, how deep does the bench go against better opponents, stuff like that. I agree that you won't really know until you see them in conference play (2009-10 and 2010-11 were great examples of that) but obviously this is the best measuring stick we will have had so far.

MUMac
11-19-2012, 07:57 AM
That after this week we should know what this team is? I really think you can't take too much from the first two games, but I think after this week they are going to get atleast two games against some high major competition and we will be able to tell what this team is made of and whether they will sink or swim this year... Sure they could develop over the year some, but I think we will see how far they need to go after this week... Thoughts?

No. That is not fair to say at all. Still a work in progress early in the season. The team that ends the season will be different than the one we see this week.

mufan2003
11-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I agree, this tournament will test MU and be a great measuring stick, but in no way does success or failure this week guarantee success or failure 1, 2 or 4 months from now. Some teams start off strong and decline as the season goes on while others improve. The positive for MU is that Buzz Williams' teams usually improve as the season goes on.