PDA

View Full Version : Video of Buzz on Bob Huggins Radio Show

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
http://www.wvmetronews.com/wvu.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=51156&type=

Check this out, very interesting to hear them talk about the B12 and other things. Thought some might enjoy this, not often you get to see two coaches interact before a game.

IWB
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Watched it a little bit ago, great stuff. A lot of what they said about the Big XII is true, reason being they are pretty much all on campus arenas, where a good chunk of the Big East plays in NBA arenas.

Goose85
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Very cool. Goes to show that many coaches go at it pretty hard on the court and recruiting trail, but enjoy each other and have fun off the court. Buzz is very likeable I believe, and Huggy has always seemed to be friends with the MU coaches.

My guess is we will have Raftery on the broadcast as it looked like he popped in and out of the background during the chat with Buzz. Saw Buzz dip, but didn't see him spit.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-24-2012, 02:49 PM
I heard Raftery was on the call too, I like that... Hopefully he has Bilas with him...

Also, notice Buzz had a little murse that he was pulling that dip out of...

Goose85
02-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Watched it a little bit ago, great stuff. A lot of what they said about the Big XII is true, reason being they are pretty much all on campus arenas, where a good chunk of the Big East plays in NBA arenas.

Big state schools too, where many in the Big East are not.

I have been to Gallagher Iba - that place very well may be one of the toughest places for a road team in the country. Fans, first and second deck (which is low) are right on top of the court. Very cool hall of fame attached to the arena too - including Barry Sanders Heisman Trophy.

Hamostradamus
02-24-2012, 02:59 PM
That's hilarious. "Coach, my wife's going into labor, I have to take her to the hospital."
"Does that mean you won't be at practice?"

IWB
02-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Good call Hamos - and then Buzz missed the game, shows up at the office the very next morning and Gillespie says, "How f'ing long does it take to have a baby?" Like How Magner said about his story on Buzz...."Writing the story wasn't the hard part, deciding which one of the many stories he told I was going to use."