PDA

View Full Version : Novak and the Knicks

Goose85
02-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Novak goes 4 of 5 from the three point line last night. Not sure why they didn't look for him more. I generally don't watch the NBA, but because Linsanity has Novak along side I have watched a little of the Knicks.

Looked like a team, moving the ball - driving and kicking to the wing, etc. With Carmelo back he gets the ball and wants the other 4 to clear out and play his normal game. Add in JR Smith who isn't afraid to throw up bad shots and I can see the Knicks stumbling. If Carmelo wants to play D'antoni ball then it will work. If not, who knows.

Loved the MU references last night regarding Wade / Novak.

Looks like the Heat (Wade) the Bulls (Butler) and the Knicks (Novak) will all be in the playoffs. Fun games for MU fans.

IWB
02-24-2012, 10:22 AM
You don't think Portland (Wesley) and OKC (Lazar) will be playoff bound? Granted, Lazar is injured and not likely to play, but Wes should be there.

Goose85
02-24-2012, 11:11 AM
I was just talking eastern conference and the likelihood that they would be playing each other.
Portland may be on the playoff fence.

Gato78
02-24-2012, 11:39 AM
A little more about Knicks at Magic. DWade and Steve played together in college. Shane Battier and Juwan Howard play for the Heat, too. Battier, Howard and Novak became very good friends when all three played for the Rockets--they were the three "married guys".

IWB
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Gato - I still love your story about Battier with the microphone at Novak's wedding. "Most of you don't know me, I'm one of Steve's co-workers....."