PDA

View Full Version : JOJO commits

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Its Official my man Joel Embiid is a Kansas Jayhawk WOW
Thoughts?

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Congrats, no real surprise here. I am happy for the kid, how can you argue? You are guaranteed conference championships and NCAA tournament appearances essentially and a good shot at atleast a final four. Really hard to argue.

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I mean it was probably a tough decision for him through speaking and seeing his tweets I saw that interest for Marquette but I felt he shyed away once he went to midnight madness at Florida and became good friends with Kasey Hill and Chris Walker. Since he plays down in Florida I would have expected him to stay there. But I was stunned but I know he enjoyed Texas so I figured that was his top 3 and Kansas of course Bill Self and Co did a great job of bringing him down to a campus visit on a perfect time or basketball and football season. It would have been an awesome pick up for Marquette or Florida especially because like I stated had he chose Florida, he would have been playing alongside Center Chris Walker and Guard Kasey Hill. Then at the same time Jabari Parker was still considering Florida. But I think he will end up at MSU and also with a possible Wiggins or Randle combo YIKES! But Kansas now has the opportunity to pick up Randle or Wiggins as well with Gordon so it can be a scary combo and all lead by JOJO to Kansas.

IWB
11-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Not really accurate

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 03:19 PM
whats not very accurate?

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Alot of which I stated is Oppionated and if you kept up with his twitter feed he stated so himself. So, I dont know what your considering not accurate. The fact is I'm saying had he chose Florida they would be dynamic and had he chose Texas I would be shocked. But I am not surprised he chose those top 3 just all what im thinking man and I have spoke to him so its not like BS.

Goose85
11-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Probably the reason MU wasn't on the final list.

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Thats all im saying man but at the end of the day hes at Kansas so who cares haha

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-13-2012, 03:59 PM
whats not very accurate?

First, he didn't go to Midnight Madness at Florida, he went to Late Night at the Phog. Florida doesn't even have a Midnight Madness event anymore. And football isn't a draw for Embiid, I remember a report in which he described attending a UF football game as "boring". The idea that Wiggins or Randle will join Parker at MSU is at best far-fetched. I don't care what their lists say, everyone who remotely follows recruiting knows MSU isn't in the running for either of them.

And off-topic, if you're looking at writing as a profession, you should never start a sentence with "But". It looks horribly unprofessional.

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Nooo, I meant that Randle and Wiggins would join him at Kansas possibly man that's all I meant by that. And that atmosphere at the Florida games fan wise might be very interesting for him since he was from there but I am not sure what drew him exactly to Kansas. And Parker was the only one I meant by saying he would be at MSU the others guys don't even have MSU in their top 5. And I am not more of the broadcasting field but that comment was unnecessary because I wouldn't take feedback from you anyways lol.

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
And I am not here to get in a scuffle, just wanted some feedback didn't need everyone attacking me. Although, I do agree I should have been more specific and used some more Punctuation. I'll remove myself from this thread so I don't get to heated and "Unprofessional" have a great day everyone!

11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
I majored in broadcast communications. I meant it as a piece of honest advice, not to be an ass. If you are writing professionally -- and even if you are on the broadcasting side you will have to write professionally -- you need to be more mindful of using proper grammar.

As far as any misunderstanding from your original post, if I didn't get it, it's because it wasn't conveyed clearly. That's also something you'll want to work on going forward. Best of luck to you.

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I appreciate that I got a bit to defensive and took it as an attack but are you in the industry still? And thanks I sure will

11-13-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not in the industry anymore. I worked at a few news stations in Milwaukee and fell backwards into a completely different career field that I love and will never look back.

Derek Spallone
11-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Oh congats then man, I am graduating high school early NW Suburbs of Chicago. And attending the Illinois Center For Broadcasting doing a couple of internships but, mainly covering UW Milwaukee basketball. And a Marquette game on the 22nd vs LSU. But, I hope all continues well for you man God Bless.