PDA

View Full Version : "I Believe..."

GOMU1104
11-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Even though it is a total ripoff from Utah State, I think the student section is doing a pretty solid job with the "I Believe" chant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJYfSZkd7k&feature=youtu.be

IWB
11-12-2012, 08:16 AM
1104 - I have met with the students that started that at MU. They do not feel they ripped off Utah State, they completely and totally give props to Utah State and give them full credit for starting the chant. One of the students, Jim Love, said, "Someone started the 'De-Fense' chant too, but everyone uses that."

Yes, Utah State started it - no question, but the MU students fully intend to use it and always give credit where credit is due.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-12-2012, 08:37 AM
The students were really good yesterday. I was fully expecting the typical crowd for the first MU v. Cupcake game but they really showed up. I'm glad there is at least a little effort this year going into coordinating chants and organizing the student section more, I think that is something we lacked a bit in the Buzz years.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Absolute props to the student section. What impressed me the most was their free throw defense. Yelling and waving stuff at random has little effect because it's easier to ignore. The difference a student section can make is to change the background. A single movement as the player is about to release the ball seems like it should be far more effective. Colgate shot 6/6 FTs in the first half, 6/12 in the second half. Keep it up, students!

MayorBeluga
11-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Absolute props to the student section. What impressed me the most was their free throw defense. Yelling and waving stuff at random has little effect because it's easier to ignore. The difference a student section can make is to change the background. A single movement as the player is about to release the ball seems like it should be far more effective. Colgate shot 6/6 FTs in the first half, 6/12 in the second half. Keep it up, students!

Colgate was probably disoriented by the fact that the band has move from the 1970's by dumping the rugby shirts. Probably for the best, as horizontal stripes were a poor choice for more than a few...

bleedbluegold03
11-12-2012, 11:41 AM
really, really proud of Jim Love and Spencer Bonahom for restarting the Student Fanatic club, and taking charge of the section.

Seems like we may be rallying after the lacadasical attitude that plagued my 4 years there.

Then again, B2B S16 really help the cause as well.