PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Preview!

Derek Spallone
11-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Its Homecoming weekend in Columbia, South Carolina as the Panthers will come in with a record of (1-0) unless you count the exhibition well be my guest to make it (2-0). This will be South Carolinas first official game under new Head Coach Frank Martin. Martin coming from Kansas State, had an exhibition win over Kentucky Wesleyan only winning by one as well 68-67. Ironically, the same score that the Panthers used to beat UW Parkside last Monday. If this game is any indication of how Wisconsin played friday night well we might be in a little bit of trouble. Coach jeter said in his press conference previously that he knows how to prepare for the Gamecocks. Basically, they play pressure defense and a high, quick pace offense. They do not have as much threats on the offensive side but they have some guards to be on the lookout for. Two in particular are, Brenton Williams The Junior guard also averaged 6.1 points last season but, in the first game he scored 22 point with a couple of assists. And a name that is all familiar to you all possibly is Junior guard Bruce Ellington. Also, a member of Steve Supprier Gamecocks football team. Averaged 11PPG last season with a couple of rebounds I look for him to be the go to guy this season coming in on Frank Martins new offense. South Carolina returns 80.3% percent of their 3 point shooting team, and looks like Ellington wont return until football season is over. Milwaukee needs to get out on a run early and score buckets if they place a slow start like they did in their most previous game friday they will get blown out. They need to focus on running their style of play and making the Gamecocks keep up with their tempo. Can't get caught up in the fan hype and overthink to much. Probably the biggest fan section they will see all year. Will need a big game from Kelm again and Jordan Aaron to handle the ball and make some big shots. Same defensive tendencies as last game and we will be fine. I dont want to go out on a limb and say projected starters but, it will be a great game. Quick fact South Carolina owns a 4-2 record against all Horizon League Schools, 3-1 at home. Most previous matchup was in 2006 at home vs Detroit were they won 65-35. I project for the Panthers to come in on homecoming weekend and upset the Gamecocks and spoil the day with a 71-66 win in Columbia.
Game will be telivised on Fox Sports Wisconsin at 2PM CT.

Follow me on twitter for all regular season home game updates @sportsbloggerDS I appreciate the support and check out my podcast I am a broadcaster up and coming starting in January going to broadcasting school finishing high school early 18 years old from Chicago! Go Panthers!