PDA

View Full Version : 11.17 - Davidson

Jimmy Lemke
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Link: Davidson surprisingly under the radar (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/20867824/mckillop-davidson-surprisingly-sliding-under-radar-)

This is probably the toughest game of the year for Rob Jeter's bunch.

Tyrunner0097
11-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Even more than the Gamecocks??

Jimmy Lemke
11-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Waaaaay tougher than the Gamecocks. If those two played Davidson would KILL them.

Jimmy Lemke
11-12-2012, 04:09 PM
So much talk on the boards that this thread got buried. Gotta bring it back! Next game, probably the toughest home game of the year. Davidson lost NOTHING off a 25-8 team that obliterated the SoCon last year. This team has a long dance card for March ready to go, and a victory over them this early could really help our cause.

Thoughts on the upcoming game? I'm looking for two things - a post presence and a more defined role for players coming off the bench.

MU/Panther
11-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Get a peek of Davidson. They play at New Mexico on ESPN at 1AM on Tuesday morning.

IWB
11-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Real tough game for Milwaukee on Saturday.

Jimmy Lemke
11-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Davidson dropped a heartbreaker in the Pit this morning...but they beat the spread!

royalty414
11-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Is Davidson beatable? Yes. Will we play a full 40 minutes of basketball, or go into lulls that seem to plague us year in and year out? Too often we'll go anywhere between 5 and 10 straight possessions without a basket and if that happens Saturday, we'll be in trouble. Our defense usually keeps us in games, but if we're missing threes, I don't think we can win. We'll continue to live and die by the three, but even with that being the case, somebody needs to step up and decide to be a post player and not just a shooter on Saturday night. I think that person has to be James. And he has to get the ball early, because (much like Ant) if he doesn't, he tends to shut down and shut people out on the bench.

Jimmy Lemke
11-15-2012, 09:20 AM
This is the problem with that. Haarsma isn't tall enough to be a real threat against the front line of Davidson, which has a ton of size. James has problems with front lines of that size.

royalty414
11-15-2012, 03:12 PM
I know that, but he does find ways to thrive and score in the post when he cuts along the baseline. And I don't want to say Haarsma has to be the one to do it, but Kelm is too soft (he's proven that time and time again and he would rather sit and wait for a corner 3), Wolf can draw the foul, but would rather pass than shoot, Demetrius will get his fair share of opportunities, but he'll also turn the ball over with Davidson's quick hands in the post. I want Harris to take the load instead of Haarsma, but Harris is a bull in a china shop when he drives to the basket. His head is down, he's moving faster than his feet let him, his handles aren't sharp and he misses too many inside shots when they're contested. If Haarsma sneaks along the baseline and we're hitting our threes, he'll be able to sneak some quality points in the paint in on Davidson.

MU/Panther
11-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I hope there is a huge walk up crowd on Saturday night.

royalty414
11-16-2012, 04:04 PM
I hope there is a huge walk up crowd on Saturday night.

I second that. The only problem is that the Bucks are on a roll and host the Hornets tomorrow night at 7:30. The Bucks deserve a big crowd for once, so I'm not too mad if that's how it plays out. I still expect the Klotsche to be 80-90% full. Maybe wishful thinking, but we'll see.

Jimmy Lemke
11-17-2012, 01:57 PM
The Bucks franchise can enjoy their farce of a run for now. But when the going gets tough, they're going to fade as they always do. I'm not interested in NBA games in November when most players on the floor are going half-speed to pace themselves for the playoffs. The college game is better, more fun, and I hope people understand that. Davidson is a great game to have.

MU/Panther
11-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Great win for the Panthers!! This will shut-up the Jeter haters for now.

Tyrunner0097
11-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Great win for the Panthers!! This will shut-up the Jeter haters for now.

Give Jeter credit. He called a very good defensive game last night. Basically eliminated their perimeter shooting and dared Davidson to beat him inside.

MU/Panther
11-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Do the Panthers win this game if it's at the Cell?

Tyrunner0097
11-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Doubtfully. Wouldn't have had the student crowd we had last night, for sure.

Jimmy Lemke
11-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Last night's game was a referendum in the absolute positive for a new arena on campus at UWM. The Panthers played beautifully, and Davidson obviously struggled to cope with the loud atmosphere. If this is what the crowd is like all season, teams are going to have to play very well to come out with a victory.

IWB
11-18-2012, 11:30 AM
Big time victory for the Panthers. Very happy to see that the Klotsche Center is working out as a big-time home court advantage for Jeter's crew. It was LOUD last night on the video feed.