PDA

View Full Version : Sports Bank has MU at #20

IWB
11-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Sports Bank has MU at #20, writeup done by MU grad David Kay (http://www.thesportsbank.net/college-bball/20-marquette-golden-eagles-college-basketball-111-in-111/)

Nukem2
11-07-2012, 09:35 AM
The losses of TJ Taylor and Todd Mayo have really put MU's backcourt in a different spotlight. Don't think we will really have a true 3 guard look this season as Lockett is more a a 3 than a 2 or 2/3. His backup is Juan...? At PG, its Junior and Derrick and at the 2 its Vander and Jake ( for now? ). Quite a dropoff from the starting guards to the backups, especially on offense. Junior and Vander really need to stay out of foul trouble

As Buzz pointed out at yesterday's B&G luncheon at the Marcus Center, this team will probably (need) to be a better defensive team and more effiecient offensively, keeping turnovers to a minimum.

As such, this MU team will not be playing nearly as fast as the past 2 seasons without DJO, Jae and Todd.

Will be intersting to see how this plays out. The NC schedule could be tortuous.

Remain cautiously optimistic. We shal see.

TulsaWarrior
11-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I think this team will have outstanding chemistry and that will maximizehow far Marquette will go.

Nukem2
11-07-2012, 09:51 AM
I think this team will have outstanding chemistry and that will maximizehow far Marquette will go.Hopefully thats the case and is why I am cautiously optimistic. But, this team will have a different look and feel to it.

Goose85
11-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Hopefully thats the case and is why I am cautiously optimistic. But, this team will have a different look and feel to it.

We will have a different look and feel - size.

Otule / Gardner / Wilson / Taylor. For the first time in ages it seems we will have a true big man and power forward type on the court at the same time, including backups at both spots.

We've had guys like Lazar and Jae playing against other teams big men and been successful. Now we get a chance to actually have a rotation of multiple bigs ourselves. That has me optimistic.

The key will be the three. I think for any team to be successful night in and night out, and win big games, you have to be able to shoot the three. This could allow for Jake Thomas to get some real playing time.

bleedbluegold03
11-07-2012, 11:28 AM
If the equation went: -TJ Taylor -T Mayo = + J Johnson I am more than ok with that scenario

Nukem2
11-07-2012, 08:22 PM
If the equation went: -TJ Taylor -T Mayo = + J Johnson I am more than ok with that scenario
Sure, but we are talking about this season.........

MUMac
11-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Sure, but we are talking about this season.........

Except if TJ Taylor is here, there would not be room for Johnson.

Nukem2
11-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Except if TJ Taylor is here, there would not be room for Johnson.Who knows how all that would turn out. As it is now, happy to have Johnson.