PDA

View Full Version : Otule...

GOMU1104
11-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Maybe I missed it...but is he good to go for Friday?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Why wouldn't he be? He's been participating in all the practices and went through boot camp. No reason he won't be out there swatting Deshaun Thomas shots into the Atlantic.

Nukem2
11-11-2012, 12:22 PM
As a side note, Michael Hunt has said that Chris would be the starter for Friday's cancelled game and today's Colgate game. However, the game notes at the gomarquette.com site, for both games, show Davante as the probable starter. Guess we'll see at 3:30 as to who will start. in the meantime, brush Colgate....:p

AlexJesswein
11-11-2012, 12:24 PM
FWIW Chris was announced by the PA announcer as a starter on Friday.

Nukem2
11-11-2012, 12:34 PM
FWIW Chris was announced by the PA announcer as a starter on Friday.

Thanks, I missed that.

IrwinFletcher
11-11-2012, 04:34 PM
And he has looked good with the baby hook.

Still has issues with the double team, but with Mr. Stone supposedly on hand, it is great to see the post getting fed quite a bit....

Nukem2
11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
And he has looked good with the baby hook.

Still has issues with the double team, but with Mr. Stone supposedly on hand, it is great to see the post getting fed quite a bit....Not the double team so much as teammates pass the ball too low. Does well when passes are chest high. Has issues seeing the ball looking down?

tower912
11-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Chris is always going to struggle with the quick, blind pass from short range, the bounce pass through a lot of traffic, and the missed shot that changes direction too rapidly. His depth perception with one eye is simply not as good as a normal person. When the missed shot goes up and he can go up and get it, when the pass he is anticpating comes from the angle he is ready for, his hands are fine. That is why when rebounding that he must take up as much space as possible and occupy as many opposing players as possible, so that one of his teammates can get the board. I will never judge Chris by how many boards he gets. I will judge him by how many boards the opposing big gets.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Chris is always going to struggle with the quick, blind pass from short range, the bounce pass through a lot of traffic, and the missed shot that changes direction too rapidly. His depth perception with one eye is simply not as good as a normal person. When the missed shot goes up and he can go up and get it, when the pass he is anticpating comes from the angle he is ready for, his hands are fine. That is why when rebounding that he must take up as much space as possible and occupy as many opposing players as possible, so that one of his teammates can get the board. I will never judge Chris by how many boards he gets. I will judge him by how many boards the opposing big gets.

Excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent point. Very well stated.

Did I mention excellent point?

MUAlphaBangura
11-12-2012, 12:14 PM

Great point Tower. If CO can prevent the opposing center from going crazy on the boards, our other guys are really capable rebounders for their positions. They will need to step up.

Goose85
11-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Great point. With CO2's size I'm guessing that he may be expected to block a few shots. When going for a blocked shot you are rarely in good position for the rebound.