PDA

View Full Version : Wvu

Goose85
02-23-2012, 08:37 AM
MU v. WVU
Short turnaround for both teams. WVU at ND last night and has to travel back home. MU has to travel to WVU. That is equal.

WVU has lost 6 of their last 8 games. MU has won 11 of last 12.

MU is a very different style team than ND, so hopefully we are tough to prepare for in the one day.

DJO and Crowder are playing very well both individually and within the team concept and look like POY candidates. Jones may be the leader for POY, and hopefully that is all he has on his mind tomorrow night and is pressing and tries to do too much (to the detriment of the team).

I think MU will be tough to beat Friday (I know we haven't had success there).

I would enjoy nothing more than to send WVU off to the Big 12 with a big time whoopin', while at the same time crushing their NCAA tourney hopes, and in the process watching DJO and Crowder shine over Jones putting them both in line for 1st team BEast and BEast POY.

I guess I haven't given up hoping the teams that are leaving the Big East lose big for lent.

MayorBeluga
02-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Has WVU just quit? I know some are concerned about playing a Huggins team after a loss, but with losing 6 of 8 and getting blown out in the 2nd half last night, it's possible they've quit. Here's hoping so!

BTW - I saw on a WVU board that the ND students were chanting "Big 12 sux" and mocking AVU by singing "Country Roads" last night. ND students may be arrogant pricks, but that is awesome!

MUAlphaBangura
02-23-2012, 10:02 AM
I can't imagine any NCAA team will intentionally quit. I think we will get their best effort tomorrow night. If we can withstand their initial attack, I think there is no doubt we will win this game. At this moment, our will to win is far greater than there's.

Goose85
02-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Great stuff from ND students.

IWB
02-23-2012, 10:30 AM
A former college assistant once told me that Huggins scares the crap out of his players to the point that they will do anything and everything on the court that he asks them to do. That is what has me a bit concerned about this game. yes, they have lost 6 of their last 8, but 44 points at ND is not something Huggy will take lightly, and I assume his players will hear about that. And hear about it, and hear about it and hear about it. I expect WVU to come out breathing fire on Friday, it is just a matter of whether or not MU is quick to put out the flames. Get off to a start like you had last night against Rutgers and they may shut down. Get off to a traditional slow start, and you will have your hands full all night.

Gato78
02-23-2012, 11:06 AM
At this point in the season, the screaming, yelling and harping has less effect and can turn off a team. Maybe the WVU players are going through Huggins' griping but not being affected by it. We are better than WVU and should win despite being on the road. My question is whether Todd Mayo covers up his WVU tat.

IWB
02-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Bus leaves in 5 mins... I saw a few players on campus today. They are excited, and extremely focused.

This may sound weird, but had an awkward feeling. It was almost like a pitcher throwing a perfect game and no one talks to him when he goes to the dugout. I know at school they are "regular students", but in my experiences, guys like these would walk across campus with everyone that passes them saying "hi", "great game", "good luck".... today - nothing. There was a group of grade school students on a tour. They were posing for pictures with MU stuff, and Jamil Wilson walked by completely unnoticed. I thought for sure he would turn a few heads, but nothing.

I have said before, and in another thread, but I don't think people realize how good this team really is.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately I think tonight is a lose/lose situation for MU... if we lose the game well then the downside is obvious... however if we win we will get no credit because we beat a team that was already falling a part and isn't very good... same thing with the UCONN game. I think this MU team is very good, however with the BE being down and so far we have dropped every game against the other elite BE teams. I really think the G'town game will be a measuring stick, hopefully we can make a statement there, otherwise we will have lost all our games against Cuse, G'town, ND, and our only win against the only other team in the BE that is ranked came against Louisville when they were beat up. Love this team and their potential, but I would like to see them take one of these teams out to make a real statement.

Goose85
02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Good point BuzzWill4pres - After we beat UConn all of the guys on ESPN never really mentioned who UConn lost to, more just problems UConn is having. Too bad as part of the reason they lost is MU took it to them.

TedBaxter
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
This will be a very tough game to win tonight. West Virginia has their backs against the NCAA wall right now and this is the most important game of the year. I'm hoping the pressure to win will help MU, but it will be one tough win to get.