PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition

Jimmy Lemke
11-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Link: What we can expect tonight (http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/content.php?442-Exhibition-game-provides-first-real-glance-at-new-look-Panthers)

What are your thoughts on tonight's exhibition? The score prediction thread has most people expecting a blowout. Share your thoughts about the change and lineups following Gulley's injury!

uwmgirl
11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
I expect a lot of defense today. Some dunks and a loud student section!

royalty414
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Well... I'd love to say we'll score in triple digits, but with new rims, I think scoring will be high, but could be higher. I expect some jitters to start out and a strong finish. Jeter always preaches defense and that's why I'm assuming a blowout. With an up-tempo game, I don't think we'll allow Parkside to hang around for too long.

Delux269
11-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Could be a good thing that you had to win in the end. Good close game situation there that wasn't expected. Could benefit the team this season

Tyrunner0097
11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Was a wake-up, I think, and Haarsh's tweet said it. "So much work to do" For sure!

royalty414
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Well... I did say that they'd have some jitters. Also, Parkside always plays us well, so this was no real surprise. Glad to get the win. Excited to see what this does for Friday. I expect a better game from everyone... especially Haarsma and Kelm.

Jimmy Lemke
11-05-2012, 11:10 PM
As far as the offense is concerned, the team scored four points over its average from last season despite the fact that they shot about 44% from the line in 27 attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB_yF0wXuBw

Jimmy Lemke
11-05-2012, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeEarGRVDHY

Kyle Rawling
11-06-2012, 12:07 AM
FTs are definitely a concern, especially after last year. Besides that, we were running the same old swing with one or two guys on the perimeter who are better positioned in the post. I don't know that we have that slasher 3 on this team. Richard could be the closest thing, I'd like to see what he does with more minutes. Aaron and Bobo looked REALLY promising at times, but also REALLY sloppy at times. Once Harris was positioned closer to the post, he improved a lot, but for him to play that role he's got to be better from the stripe in game situations. Haarsma just wasn't himself tonight, and Kelm struggled too. Surprised we didn't see more of Panoske as I liked some of what I saw. Arians looked like a great spark off the bench kind of guy. Roelke and Wolf filled their roles well. You could tell that set shooter presence was missed and getting Gulley back will help. That's another aspect that is hurt by sticking with the swing.

There are mistakes to correct, but the 2nd half was promising and it's a team that is just now playing together against opponents, also missing a key piece of the puzzle. I've always liked playing Parkside as they are a tough disciplined team that seems to put pride in this game, and that will help the guys long term. I don't know anything about U of Mary, but it'll be the last "warm-up" before an intriguing match at South Carolina (who interestingly won their exhibition vs Kentucky Wesleyan 68-67).

MU/Panther
11-06-2012, 02:40 PM
So why did Kelm and James Harrsma not see much action in the 2nd half?

Jimmy Lemke
11-06-2012, 03:31 PM
As you can see, they were playing pretty poorly on the block. With Haarsma and Kelm off, the team was limited in offensive options. JJ needed to be more proactive down low as well. It looks like several guys had an off game.

MU/Panther
11-06-2012, 03:34 PM
That is not a good sign that Haarsma, Kelm & JJ played poor. Haggs was huge!

Kyle Rawling
11-06-2012, 07:47 PM
^^ forgot Haggs, who was impressive, especially with the critical 3.