PDA

View Full Version : Good night for Jimmy

MUBasketball
11-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Games almost over, but he played 16 minutes so far. Hit some buckets. Good to see him getting some PT.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400277739

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Was also a good night for Mr. Novak... I would say Wes had an average night and Dwade had a below average night. Overall the MU representation in the NBA this year has been good, the only thing I wonder is if recruits and people outside of MU fans and fans of the respective teams really know who these guys are. We sit and research and look up how our guys did and look for articles, the common fan will just look to see who won and read the headlines about the stars. Obviously everyone who follows basketball knows who DWade is, but id imagine the rest of folks don't know much about our guys.

pbiflyer
11-02-2012, 10:19 PM
During the Heat broadcast (not the national one) Novak got several mentions as a Marquette teammate of Wade's. Also pointed out he had the 4th highest all time 3pt % for a season.

2012Warrior
11-03-2012, 07:56 AM
The nice thing is many of the MU guys are on big market teams that get on TV a lot. Wade on the Heat, Novak on the Knicks, Butler on the Bulls. Doc is on the Celtics, although that connection might be tougher to make. Many times when I watch, there's an MU reference for Novak or Butler. The Blazers aren't on as much, but Matthews' rookie year had many. Also, I'm sure Buzz mentions the NBA guys fairly early on in the recruiting process.