PDA

View Full Version : Johnson to Marquette....

IWB
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Jujuan Johnson has finally announced that he is headed to Marquette, though he still has not informed his new coaching staff yet.

Word started to spread a little early as people jumped the gun (he didn't announce until 1:15). When it was reported yesterday that he was to pick MU, the family wanted no part of early speculation and turned off all of their phones yesterday afternoon.

The 6'5 Shooting guard is a huge pickup for Marquette and should solidify MU as one of the best classes in the country.

When it comes to recruiting and Buzz Williams, you never count out a country boy.

Congrats to Jujuan, Buzz, Isaac Chew and Marquette!!

Goose85
11-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the MU family Jujuan!

Congratulations on being part of one of the top recruiting classes in the country!

IWB
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Here is some highlight vid...

http://youtu.be/NMMc99FeIM8

IWB
11-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Just touched base with Jujuan, he is pumped, is calling back in a couple....

Damn this is a huge pick up!!

Goose85
11-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Congrats to Buzz and staff. Wow, great news, and with Embiid on campus too.

Here's to hoping the "Country Boy" as IWB said gets another committment this weekend (I know, greedy).

Hard work by Buzz and staff really paid off. We are lucky to have Buzz running the program here at MU!!!!!!!!!

IWB
11-02-2012, 02:16 PM
To Alex Jesswein - Johnson commits to MU - Hell of a birthday present for you, hey Alex?

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Here's to hoping the "Country Boy" as IWB said gets another committment this weekend (I know, greedy).

As much as I'd love it, I don't think Embiid will commit this weekend. I'd be floored if he did. He's been far too sensible and measured with his recruitment. I'm guessing Mbah a Moute has helped with that process. It would have been easy to commit to Florida early on, it would have been easy to commit to Kansas at Late Night. This kid isn't allowing himself to be wowed, he's taking time to think his options through. I'm guessing he leaves Milwaukee without committing and will announce in the next 2 weeks.

bleedbluegold03
11-02-2012, 02:33 PM
To Alex Jesswein - Johnson commits to MU - Hell of a birthday present for you, hey Alex?

Alex told me he's greedy...double down Buzz

Goose85
11-02-2012, 03:25 PM
From Zagsblog.

I particularly like this statement from Jajuan's mom.

“He liked the intensity and the strength of their program,” Shaun Williams, JaJuan’s mother, told SNY.tv Friday. “With back-to-back Sweet 16s, [he feels they have] the ability and the urge to make the Final Four instead of just making it to the [NCAA] tournament.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jajuan-johnson-to-memphis/#more-82244

The Reptile
11-02-2012, 03:29 PM
From Zagsblog.

I particularly like this statement from Jajuan's mom.

“He liked the intensity and the strength of their program,” Shaun Williams, JaJuan’s mother, told SNY.tv Friday. “With back-to-back Sweet 16s, [he feels they have] the ability and the urge to make the Final Four instead of just making it to the [NCAA] tournament.”

http://zagsblog.com/articles/jajuan-johnson-to-memphis/#more-82244

I love the fact that Zag is saying it was a team effort with Milwaukee's Best being on him to join. And good to see that he felt comfortable enough with his future teammates to take the next step and commit.

Goose85
11-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Seems like a special core of incoming guys who have already formed a bond well before their college days even begin. That is what Buzz really builds at MU, and it is great to see that these guys seem to have it already.

IWB
11-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Great point - I know that Duane Wilson was pushing hard for Johnson to commit to MU - got to love it.

When I talked to Jameel McKay a few months back, he asked me if I thought MU had a top 5 recruiting class. I told him yes, and he asked what they needed to stay a top 5 recruiting class. These guys want it all, and that's a good thing.