PDA

View Full Version : MU Pros Last Night

Goose85
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Nice night for guys coached by Buzz in the NBA.

Wes (started) - 37 minutes, 22 points, 4 steals, 2 boards, 2 assists
Jae (first off bench) - 22 minutes, 8 points, 3 boards
Jimmy (second off bench) - 11 minutes, 4 points.

DJO didn't suit.

MU guys Novak and Wade did not have games last night.

IWB
11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Nice to see Wes throw one down on the ESPN highlights on a breakaway.

Seneca Blue also had a great picture on Facebook of Wes guarding Kobe with the following comment....

Nobody can STOP Kobe but Wesley does as good a job as anybody in the league making Kobe work for every bucket, frustrating him, contesting every shot and playing physical without getting into foul trouble!

CaribouJim
11-01-2012, 01:54 PM
Wesley had the Kobe assignment all the way back to his rookie year.

Speaking of MU players in the NBA, I was loitering on the OSU Scout site to see if there was any buzz on the upcoming game and found this thread. I wonder how MU's team would fare against other colleges. Guess it would be a small MU team though - Dwade at point, Wesley at the 2, Jimmy B at the 4, Novak at the 3 and Jae at center. Undersized for sure, especially up front. Semi-solid D for the most part, but again vulnerable upfront and Novak to loosen things up for the drivers.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3156&t=10223205

mufan2003
11-01-2012, 02:22 PM
With a free NBA League Pass preview through November 6, I kicked my feet up last night and caught a bit of Crowder, Jimmy B and Wes playing last night.

Crowder was solid, two 3's and a FG for 8 points, coming off the win the night before @Lakers.....Dallas looked a bit winded.

Butler's numbers were modest, but he will contribute more as the season progresses.

Wes Matthews was VERY IMPRESSIVE last night. Wes had the main responsibility of guarding Kobe and was great. He really frustrated Kobe with his ability to move laterally and stay in front of Kobe, along with his strength. Wes is built just like Wade, rock solid. Kobe got a technical foul after Wes stripped the ball from him on a drive. Portland announcers said Wes is much better off-the-bounce as an offensive player this year, that was his focus in the offseason. Damian Lillard, rookie PG from Weber State, looks like a rookie of the year candidate with Anthony Davis. He was very good and should be nice for Wes to play all year with an unselfish and talented PG.

http://www.nba.com/games/20121031/LALPOR/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200012] Wes strips Kobe, Kobe gets technical foul (2:03)