PDA

View Full Version : Josh Gasser tears ACL...out for year

TheSultan
10-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Per Jeff Goodman. Awful news.

MU Viking
10-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Sad to hear that. Best wishes in recovery.

Markedman
10-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Tough break for the kid and UW.

IWB
10-27-2012, 05:52 PM
That really sucks, feel bad for the kid.

Mark Miller
10-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Screaming in pain during practice today. Great kid. Tough kid. He'll be back in 2013-14.

milkbone
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/176118231.html

MUMac
10-27-2012, 06:48 PM
That is a shame. A real tough way to start a career. I hope he comes back strong. I was looking forward to watching him play, even if it was with the Badgers.

Phantom Warrior
10-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Man, I hate when things like that happen. Hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

Nukem2
10-27-2012, 06:49 PM
It does suck. Hope all goes well for Josh in his future BB career.

Markedman
10-27-2012, 07:11 PM
He has already played 2 years for them so not starting his career....are you thinking of Decker or Showalter?

That is a shame. A real tough way to start a career. I hope he comes back strong. I was looking forward to watching him play, even if it was with the Badgers.

MUMac
10-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Ahhh ... brain f@rt. Yes, I was thinking Decker. Thanks for the correction.

TheSultan
10-27-2012, 10:18 PM
OK...now this quote from the Badger Scout board made me laugh...and I had to hold my tongue.

"To me, Josh is going to belong on that list of players like Wilkinson and Krabbenhoft who you just find to be perfect examples of what Badgers basketball is all about."

MUAlphaBangura
10-28-2012, 08:37 AM
OK...now this quote from the Badger Scout board made me laugh...and I had to hold my tongue.

"To me, Josh is going to belong on that list of players like Wilkinson and Krabbenhoft who you just find to be perfect examples of what Badgers basketball is all about."

I think that is a pretty accurate statement. All 3 of those guys play or played in a fashion that has defined Wisconsin basketball since Bo Ryan arrived.

Goose85
10-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Feel bad for him. He's got a long road to get back on the court. Hope his rehab and recovery goes well and he is back healthy next year.

TheSultan
10-28-2012, 09:04 AM
I think that is a pretty accurate statement. All 3 of those guys play or played in a fashion that has defined Wisconsin basketball since Bo Ryan arrived.

Oh I know. It is completely accurate.

MUMac
10-28-2012, 09:49 AM

I guess I never realized Wilkinson and Krabby were whiners.

milkbone
10-28-2012, 10:47 AM

I wonder what Alando Tucker did wrong to not be included in the above statement?????

Nukem2
10-28-2012, 10:54 AM
I wonder what Alando Tucker did wrong to not be included in the above statement?????Or, Devin Harris or Jordan Taylor

Goose85
10-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Much like MU has had to do way too often recently (Otule / Gardner / etc), Wisconsin has to adjust to an injury. For them, at least they have the whole season, and don't have to completly change on the fly during the season. Bo will get it done, but depth could be a concern.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
10-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Without Gasser, I'm guessing UW will go with a starting lineup of PG Marshall, SG Brust, SF Evans, PF Brusewitz, and C Berggren. Kaminsky, Dekker, and Jackson are probably the main 3 off the bench. While they still seem to have a decent starting lineup, that's a lot of pressure on 4 guys that have never played major minutes. And no depth if anyone else gets hurt. I could see that team really struggling this year.

Markedman
10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
If Marshall gets hurt, slumps or gets in foul trouble they will really be thin at the point.

I would expect them to see lots of pressure D to see how a suspect backcourt handles it.

10-28-2012, 04:06 PM
When we play them, I really hope Buzz puts Vander on their point guard, especially if it's Marshall. I think Van would eat him up, and as long as Junior can keep pace with Brust, we'll be fine defensively. Good luck getting the ball to Brust and Evans with Vander's size and quickness to get past.

TheSultan
10-28-2012, 04:18 PM
brewcity, that theory sounds good, but then who does Junior guard? Brust? Bruiser? Neither of those match ups work very well.

10-28-2012, 04:32 PM
I put Junior on Brust. He doesn't give up size and just needs to stay in front of him. If Marshall can't get the ball to Brust, how much damage can he do? I know Badger fans are high on him, but he really needs to make a major jump this year if he's going to pick up the scoring slack; he only averaged 7.3 ppg last year. And at 6'1", Junior is the same height as Brust. Guessing Junior is also quick enough to stay with him on the perimeter, and there's plenty of help inside if he gets by Junior.

Halo
10-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Feel bad for the kid and hope he can recover quickly. Reading their threads there, it sounds like he's one of the best players in the Big Ten. Was he 1st or 2nd team last year I assume for that assertion? I don't follow the Big Ten that much, so wasn't sure. No doubt, it's a big loss for UW. They have now lost their starting backcourt from last year, which is always tough to overcome. As UW fans would say about MU's injury bug, next man in. They will be fine.