PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Hoops Intrasquad scrimmage

IWB
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Here is the stat sheet from the first scrimmage tonight.....

IWB
10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Here is the stat sheet from scrimmage 2 tonight.....

ziggysfryboy
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
You had a nice seat in sniffers row. :)

IWB
10-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Zig - you should have said hi - it was good to meet BrewCity77 tonight.

warriorfan4life
10-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Looks like Vander had himself a night.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
10-27-2012, 12:01 AM
How was the event overall? I was going to attend but things got a bit busy and I was never able to make it. I always love attending these events and just seeing how things are going with the team and such.

Would be interesting to meet everyone, perhaps we should have an event of some sort!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
10-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Event was excellent. A good, relaxed atmosphere if you aren't as big a fan of the chaos of Madness (personally I like both). Good seeing Jim, and spent a lot of time talking to Joe True. I'll post up some more of the season ticket details and answers to some of the questions people had in a bit.

The team looked solid last night. The guy that really stood out was Vander. His shot has improved. It's still not 100% fluid, but his release is much better. He still struggled at times finishing in traffic, but I really liked that even when a bit out of control, he kept his eyes toward the hoop and wasn't just chucking up for the sake if it. All in all he was very active and the best player out there. Lockett seemed to struggle a bit. I wonder how much of an adjustment this is for him.

All in all a great event that has me looking forward to Nov 9 that much more.

ziggysfryboy
10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Zig - you should have said hi - it was good to meet BrewCity77 tonight.

I had 2 little pirates to deal with. Including keeping them off the bench.

IWB
10-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Ziggy - Were these the two little pirates you are referring to? I must have been wrong, I thought they were there looking for caribou....

Father Dan's Camera
10-27-2012, 08:39 AM
In Caribou's mind they were!

Nukem2
10-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Event was excellent. A good, relaxed atmosphere if you aren't as big a fan of the chaos of Madness (personally I like both). Good seeing Jim, and spent a lot of time talking to Joe True. I'll post up some more of the season ticket details and answers to some of the questions people had in a bit.

The team looked solid last night. The guy that really stood out was Vander. His shot has improved. It's still not 100% fluid, but his release is much better. He still struggled at times finishing in traffic, but I really liked that even when a bit out of control, he kept his eyes toward the hoop and wasn't just chucking up for the sake if it. All in all he was very active and the best player out there. Lockett seemed to struggle a bit. I wonder how much of an adjustment this is for him.

All in all a great event that has me looking forward to Nov 9 that much more.Agreed. Vander was the man last night. And, yes, Lockett did seem to struggle. Junior was so-so in the first game, but really was aggressive the second game.

TedBaxter
10-27-2012, 09:37 AM
I never get too concerned with these scrimmages. Early in the year and they are playing against the same guys they see every day.

This will be one of the real fun teams to watch develop as Buzz can go 10 deep and still have scoring options as well as decent defenders.

ziggysfryboy
10-27-2012, 11:46 AM
I thought Juan looked much improved and was really engaged.

Nukem2
10-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I never get too concerned with these scrimmages. Early in the year and they are playing against the same guys they see every day.

This will be one of the real fun teams to watch develop as Buzz can go 10 deep and still have scoring options as well as decent defenders.No concern. Just what we see.

Gato78
10-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Juan was excellent last night. Matched up with Jamil and quite simply outplayed him.
Vander showed exactly why the NBA scouts are intrigued.
Otule is a half hook away from being very good.
Lockett is a bit slow of foot. Maybe injured but he could not cover our guards last night.

Nukem2
10-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Juan was excellent last night. Matched up with Jamil and quite simply outplayed him.
Lockett is a bit slow of foot. Maybe injured but he could not cover our guards last night.Trent seems to be more of a 3-Man than a guard. Does good things, but is no speedster.

ziggysfryboy
10-27-2012, 01:04 PM
He was playing the 4 in the 2nd game too.

ziggysfryboy
10-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Ziggy - Were these the two little pirates you are referring to? I must have been wrong, I thought they were there looking for caribou....

If they looked like that I sure as hell wouldn't have been talking to you and doddsy.

mufan2003
10-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Great event:

(1) Juan Anderson looks like he will earn some playing time this year. Looks comfortable and has the look of "I know what is going on this year."

(2) Vander Blue was the best player on the floor

(3) Very glad Todd Mayo is back. He is just a player. It is exciting to think of a lineup at times of Cadougan, Mayo, Blue, J. Wilson and Gardner. An up-and-down team with numerous ways to score.

(4) Otule looked good. No sign of being limited and good to see a 6'11" post presence on the floor.

Nukem2
10-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Great event:

(1) Juan Anderson looks like he will earn some playing time this year. Looks comfortable and has the look of "I know what is going on this year."

(3) Very glad Todd Mayo is back. He is just a player. It is exciting to think of a lineup at times of Cadougan, Mayo, Blue, J. Wilson and Gardner. An up-and-down team with numerous ways to score.

(4) Otule looked good. No sign of being limited and good to see a 6'11" post presence on the floor.Chris looked to be running well, tough he did seem limited vertically. Though, the coaches may be telling him to take it easy in that respect for now....?

AlexJesswein
10-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Trent Lockett reminds me a lot of Joe Chapman.

MUBasketball
10-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Trent Lockett reminds me a lot of Joe Chapman.

Good call!

IrwinFletcher
10-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Lockett is a bit slow of foot. Maybe injured but he could not cover our guards last night.

Juan is going to see the floor. His offense will determine how many minutes he actually gets.

JDubMU
10-28-2012, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE=MUFAN2003;12682]Great event:

Buycks was aften also the best player on the floor in these scrimmages and the Pro Am. Lets not get too excited too fast. He will continue to excel against our weaker opponents when he can get out in the open court. Hopefully, this year he wont disappear against to better defenses and Big East schedule. Would really help to have a perimeter shot to keep people honest.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
10-28-2012, 09:05 AM
To his credit, Blue was 3/3 from deep. Buycks never had a problem hitting shots at any level. I'm a lot more encouraged by Blue hitting shots (and more so having a consistent high release point) than I would be a guy like Dwight who was always a pretty solid shooter.

JDubMU
10-28-2012, 10:19 AM
I never really "worried" about Buycks per se. He seemed to play in control on the structured games. But thrived in the open court playground style Vander thrives in also. My worry with Vander is that he has his moments where offensively he tries to force his game and not let it come to him. He is one of those players where is defense truly should feed his offense. Just not a great creator in the half court. Buycks could create a shot for himself, nice cross over and pullup jumper. Hopefully Vander keeps working towards that.

mufan2003
10-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Vander Blue may never be a good 3-point shooter. Dwyane Wade was never a good 3-point shooter either, never really shot 3's for that matter (not trying to compare D Wade to Vander Blue). If Vander can master the midrange game and be a more consistent finisher after beating his defender off the dribble, he will score plenty of points for us this year. Last year, Vander Blue could get in the lane at will but would not always finish. If reports are correct, Buzz Williams has been working with Vander Blue on finishing from all different angles in the paint. He looked great Friday night.