PDA

View Full Version : Big East TV Deal

Goose85
10-26-2012, 09:49 AM
ESPN article on Big East TV deal, so take it for what its worth.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8554125/big-east-negotiate-networks-other-espn-new-tv-deal-according-sources

Phantom Warrior
10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
If ESPN article's figures are correct, then it looks like the league/presidents made a mistake by turning down the deal.

Then again, I wonder if the estimated potential future numbers reported would be the same if CBS or Fox published an article on this topic.

If the $60 million to $130 million range is correct, then the BE will get a much shorter straw than the Big 12, ACC, and Pac 10.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
10-26-2012, 10:59 AM
ESPN has spent the past year and a half trying to convince everyone the Big East made a mistake by turning down that deal, and their bitterness led to them advising the ACC to poach Syracuse and Pitt and the Big 12 poaching WVU. They will do anything to hamstring this league, so I put less than zero stock in the validity of their articles, because I have no doubt they continue to try to deliberately disparage and damage the league.

2012Warrior
10-26-2012, 03:22 PM
ESPN and Fox just dropped out of the bidding for EPL (English Soccer) and NBC is supposed to be the favorite. Supposedly, they are offering 3 times what Fox is currently paying. I think this would raise NBC's profile and shows NBC is aggressive in getting programming.

TheSultan
10-26-2012, 03:25 PM
ESPN and Fox just dropped out of the bidding for EPL (English Soccer) and NBC is supposed to be the favorite. Supposedly, they are offering 3 times what Fox is currently paying. I think this would raise NBC's profile and shows NBC is aggressive in getting programming.

Oh good. I don't get Fox Soccer in HD, but I get NBCS in HD. I would be happy to make that switch.

Goose85
10-26-2012, 04:08 PM
I like the fact that they are willing to overypay for programming. Good sign for the Big East.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
10-26-2012, 04:46 PM
This article is stupid on ESPN's part, it makes them look pretty foolish, if they were honestly bidding for the BE deal do you think they would post true numbers for everyone and their brother to read?! NBC, FOX, and CBS aren't stupid, they know the game that ESPN is playing, they won't buy into the constant bashing and the agenda. Going out to bid with it was smart for the Big East, they will get a fair shake when all is said and done.