PDA

View Full Version : Marquette/OSU to get special jerseys for Carrier Classic

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
10-24-2012, 09:00 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=65909

Will be interesting to see how they look, I'm not a fan of camouflage but could be neat.

ge1974
10-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Don't camouflage jerseys break NCAA rules? I say, bring back the bumble-bees! It's time for that rule to be rescinded.

IWB
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
The line that got me in this story was.....
"Michigan State's Draymond Green made an impressive gesture when he led the team to give their jerseys to the troops on the USS Carl Vinson."

Yep, and within an hour some of them were available on Ebay.

CaribouJim
10-24-2012, 10:36 AM
I noticed that NBC Sports will be televising the MU game. Anybody know what "talent" they have in house for TV as far as Play-by-Play and analyst and any sideline hotties?

Just curious as I assume NBC Sports is still in play for the BE contract. Will be interesting to see how their production quality is for college b-ball.

Nukem2
10-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Wonder how the wind is going to affect shooting. Have been on the Charleston harbor and bay and it definitely can be very windy there.

ziggysfryboy
10-24-2012, 02:10 PM
I noticed that NBC Sports will be televising the MU game. Anybody know what "talent" they have in house for TV as far as Play-by-Play and analyst and any sideline hotties?

Just curious as I assume NBC Sports is still in play for the BE contract. Will be interesting to see how their production quality is for college b-ball.

Mary Carillo

kneelb4zerg
10-24-2012, 02:12 PM
Wonder how the wind is going to affect shooting. Have been on the Charleston harbor and bay and it definitely can be very windy there.

Don't you think they have some sort of mechanism to block the wind?

Hamostradamus
10-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Chris Berman's hips. Ba dum bum.

bleedbluegold03
10-24-2012, 02:34 PM
The line that got me in this story was.....
"Michigan State's Draymond Green made an impressive gesture when he led the team to give their jerseys to the troops on the USS Carl Vinson."

Yep, and within an hour some of them were available on Ebay.

Didn't know that at all. If they go with the marine camo, I may try buying one

Mucrisco
10-24-2012, 02:40 PM
The general rule for playing outdoors was to shoot with less arc. I don't think you want to mess around with your shot too much just for one game. Chris Mullins would shoot 3,000 shots in a day. That is to achieve a consistent motion. Changing that for one game is not a good idea, in my opinion.

TheSultan
10-24-2012, 02:56 PM

Also, I think it could be interesting to see how NBC Sports can attract an audience. It is a complete wasteland right now - just read on Deadspin that their highest rated program of last week was a hunting program that drew 147,000 viewers. This is the one thing that really makes me nervous about an NBC contract. No guaranty that there will actually be a viable audience.

kneelb4zerg
10-24-2012, 03:28 PM
The general rule for playing outdoors was to shoot with less arc. I don't think you want to mess around with your shot too much just for one game. Chris Mullins would shoot 3,000 shots in a day. That is to achieve a consistent motion. Changing that for one game is not a good idea, in my opinion.

I didn't mean for the players to change their mechanics, I meant some kind of structure in place to block or shelter from the wind itself.

CaribouJim
10-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Mary Carillo

Ouch - she's even older than me.

MayorBeluga
10-25-2012, 09:37 AM

Someone older than Caribou? Ah, the miracles of modern medicine...

ziggysfryboy
10-25-2012, 12:26 PM

Deeper voice too

Mucrisco
10-25-2012, 08:00 PM
I didn't mean for the players to change their mechanics, I meant some kind of structure in place to block or shelter from the wind itself.

Whoops. Sorry about that. My bad.