PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Practice Review

TedBaxter
10-23-2012, 02:25 AM
http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/hoops-and-scoops/2012/10/10-22-12-thoughts-from-practice.html

Like everyone else this time of year, some questions remain.

BLT
10-23-2012, 09:08 AM
I think tOSU is a lot like MU: Deep all the way around, a few shining lights but no superstars. I do think they are a bit overrated, but they can certainly win the B1G. Thompson will be a star eventually. MU opener will be a battle of strengths and depth as both teams strengths align. MU may be stronger in the middle., tOSU on the perimeter.

Nukem2
10-23-2012, 09:23 AM
I think tOSU is a lot like MU: Deep all the way around, a few shining lights but no superstars. I do think they are a bit overrated, but they can certainly win the B1G. Thompson will be a star eventually. MU opener will be a battle of strengths and depth as both teams strengths align. MU may be stronger in the middle., tOSU on the perimeter.Thomas and Craft are rated among the top 5 at their respective positions. A huge edge for OSU

BLT
10-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Thomas and Craft are rated among the top 5 at their respective positions. A huge edge for OSU

That is the perimeter. Let's see how they do without Sullinger. As I stated, I believe they are overrated without an inside-out game. Their biggest question mark as Matta stated.

Nukem2
10-23-2012, 10:14 AM
That is the perimeter. Let's see how they do without Sullinger. As I stated, I believe they are overrated without an inside-out game. Their biggest question mark as Matta stated.I suspect PF Thomas and C Williams will do just fine

BLT
10-23-2012, 11:20 AM
I suspect PF Thomas and C Williams will do just fine

I suspect they will too, but it will be a struggle without the big guy. Winn did a write-up on Thomas a while back...his predominant possession type was spot up shooting. Most of his points came off the spot up jumper and off cuts or rebounds as Sullinger was being collapsed on. Can he create his own shot? His free throw rate was half of Sullinger's last two season. The past couple fo seasons, tOSU had a very balanced team, with strong role players. That is diminished. Craft is a great stopper and floor general, but he isn't a scorer or shooter. I see the pre-season polls have three B1G teams in the top 5...I think the Badgers will finish higher than tOSU in the end as as the Buckeyes are missing a lot. You may be right in the end as supported by the experts as well...they are two very talented players, no doubt...but I think tOSU is missing significant pieces.

CaribouJim
10-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Thomas and Craft are rated among the top 5 at their respective positions. A huge edge for OSU

It's acceptable to hate the living daylights out of Craft isn't it? I guess he is their version of Travis - love him if he is on your team and hate him more than you should if he is not.

dubs98
10-23-2012, 12:20 PM
As the matchup between Junior and Craft goes, so does the game. I absolutely love Jrs game, but occassionally he has difficulties with tight on the ball defenders (ie Silva/louisville game). If he can handle craft's pressure and run the team like he is capable of, I will honestly be more surprised if we do not win. (possibly my blue/gold glasses on, but I like our shot)