PDA

View Full Version : OT: MU / Big East Soccer

Goose85
10-19-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm not really a soccer fan, but recently there was quite a buzz about MU's men's soccer team and the game at Valley Fields against UConn so I've been trying to pay attention. Also have a good friend of my son who will be playing at MU next year.

MU beat UConn, but then lost to Georgetown 2-1.

Here are the Men's soccer rankings according to the NCAA - Big East looks pretty good.

#4 UConn
#5 MU
#6 Georgetown
#9 Notre Dame (MU has two games remaining with ND)
#15 St. Johns
#19 SMU (future Big East member)
#21 Louisville

Also of note, MU women are ranked #18 according to the NCAA website.

CaribouJim
10-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Very impressive. Just curious, what is the men's coach salary? $200,000 - $300,000 - in that neighborhood or is that a bit high?

MUBasketball
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Very impressive. Just curious, what is the men's coach salary? $200,000 - $300,000 - in that neighborhood or is that a bit high?

I am pretty sure I remember at some point in the past reading/hearing that Louis Bennett makes under $100K. A) No idea if that's true, and B) If it is true, no idea if that's the ballpark salary of other head coach's at the same level.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that must be right. When you think about it, a lot of men's college basketball coaches at pretty high levels make about $200-300K a year. A lot of the salary for coaches is the income from camps, endorsements, TV/radio, etc etc.