PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Jackson - Protective father

IWB
10-15-2012, 08:12 AM
How many of you have daughters out there? Love this tweet from Marcus Jackson to Joe Chapman responding to a question about his daughter.....

Marcus Jackson ‏@mjack35: @joechap32 u ain't lyin. my baby girl will be under full protection at all times, from birth, to college when I move next door to the dorms

BLT
10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Good luck with that. At age 11, your little girl will be sitting next to on the couch and an ED commercial with its risk warning will come on and she will slowly slither off the couch, not to acknowledge dad until she is 16 and needs the car keys and realizes mom doesn't know everything about understanding boys and other things in life (so you become the easy mark in mom-daughter arguments)....so dad is slightly cool again until the next embarrassment, usually involving a boyfriend. Then in college, they realize that their dad is actually pretty cool. So, from basically 11 to 21, dad is an alien.

MU Viking
10-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Good luck with that. At age 11, your little girl will be sitting next to on the couch and an ED commercial with its risk warning will come on and she will slowly slither off the couch, not to acknowledge dad until she is 16 and needs the car keys and realizes mom doesn't know everything about understanding boys and other things in life (so you become the easy mark in mom-daughter arguments)....so dad is slightly cool again until the next embarrassment, usually involving a boyfriend. Then in college, they realize that their dad is actually pretty cool. So, from basically 11 to 21, dad is an alien.

Yikes. As the dad of a two-year-old daughter, I'm going to cherish the next 9 years, I guess. Right now, I'm the coolest thing outside of Dora the Explorer and Olivia the pig.

BLT
10-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Yikes. As the dad of a two-year-old daughter, I'm going to cherish the next 9 years, I guess. Right now, I'm the coolest thing outside of Dora the Explorer and Olivia the pig.

Don't worry Vike...there is just a period in there that nature takes over and dad's don't have the answer, but being problem solvers, males tend to try to find the solve. Big mistake. Keep walking. Quiet desperation is a nice place to be during this time. :D

MUMac
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM

The good news is that, while she will either ignore or despise your existence after hormones kick in, she will return to dad after age 22 or so.

I loved the comment by MJax. Reminded me of a time when my wife and I were out with our newborn daughter. There was some winter dance and a table had all the couples together. The boys in cords and flannel shirts looking like they were 14 years old. The girls in short, tight outfits with heels higher than my kneecaps. Makeup cooked on, looking like they were 30 years old. My wife turns to my daughter and says "look honey, isn't that cute. You will be able to date like that when you are 40 years old."

TrevorCandelino
10-15-2012, 01:57 PM

great book for Dad's with daughters:

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Fathers-Daughters-Secrets-Father/dp/0345499395/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/190-6315564-4425246

ziggysfryboy
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
If I had a daughter, I'd hire MJax to protect her.

CaribouJim
10-16-2012, 10:43 AM
If I had a daughter, I'd hire MJax to protect her.

...and to bring to ball down the court if you are utterly and pathetically void of capable point guards.