PDA

View Full Version : Buzz comment at Madness

TulsaWarrior
10-14-2012, 10:27 AM
It was pretty clear Friday night that Coach Buzz set a high standard for himself and this year’s team. I don’t have the specific words but he told the crowd he would not be satisfied with just a Sweet 16 finish in the NCAA Tournament. I don’t remember any Marquette coach being that specific about expectations. With that comment and his efforts on the recruiting front it’s clear this is a man on a mission. Buzz will win an NCAA Title someday I have no doubt about that.

ydouask23
10-15-2012, 02:55 PM
but will it be at marquette?

IWB
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
I think he said, "After consecutive trips to the Sweet 16, the Sweet 16 just isn't good enough anymore."

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
10-15-2012, 03:16 PM
I think if you were to have asked Buzz a few years ago even he would have told you that Sweet 16 isn't good enough. I don't put too much stock into those words as I think they were more for crowd reaction. Buzz has always had high standards for the team and himself. I he keeps recruiting the way he is then he will have a much easier time getting past that sweet 16... He is really getting into his stride here it seems. It would be a shame to see him go.

MUMac
10-15-2012, 03:54 PM
I have decided to enjoy this season and after that see what the future brings. For me, no more worrying about Buzz going somewhere else next year. No more worrying about the relatinoship between Buzz and Larry or Buzz and Fr P. I can't control those anyway, so I will let others worry about if he is/was talking about MU or somewhere else next year.

TheSultan
10-15-2012, 04:03 PM
I have decided to enjoy this season and after that see what the future brings. For me, no more worrying about Buzz going somewhere else next year. No more worrying about the relatinoship between Buzz and Larry or Buzz and Fr P. I can't control those anyway, so I will let others worry about if he is/was talking about MU or somewhere else next year.

+1. I'm now focused on this season. What happens after it's over can be addressed then.