PDA

View Full Version : Juan looks like he is taking a step up

Gato78
10-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Juan looked pretty quick and with active hands last night. Got into passsing lanes and played some decent D. Looked like the team was gassed last night so hard to say alot about player development but Juan stood out. Oh, and Vander is a stud and Davante is looking pretty buff.

IWB
10-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Agree Gato - Juan and also Jake Thomas played great D last night. On top of that, Vander was finishing at the hoop and Junior was throwing down threes - huge improvements.

Oh, and one more note on defense, the players all call Derrick Wilson "Velcro".

QuetteHoops
10-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Blue looks even more freakish then last year. He is just a ridiculous athlete.

MUAlphaBangura
10-13-2012, 08:39 AM
I've always thought you get better as a player in practice. If that premise has validity, watch out for this team as the year goes on. The level and depth of talent on this team is scary good. These guys will battle every day in practice and the intensity level will be through the roof. Can't wait to see how the season plays out.

IrwinFletcher
10-14-2012, 11:52 AM
I've always thought you get better as a player in practice. If that premise has validity, watch out for this team as the year goes on. The level and depth of talent on this team is scary good. These guys will battle every day in practice and the intensity level will be through the roof. Can't wait to see how the season plays out.

I always remember Crean talking about this in his first year or two at MU. He said it was difficult for the likes of Brian Wardle to get better in practice because we had no depth, and therefore the starters were practicing against low level competition. Tough to get better that way.

Just think how good Junior will be practicing agaist Wilson. And Mayo and Blue going at it all season long. Steve Taylor banging with the likes of Wilson, Garnder and Otule.

This is how programs build. When the seniors leave, the younger guys step in because they have been practicing everyday against top flight players.

JohnnyRev
10-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I was excited to see Juan looking like the pre-injury Juan - all over the court, nose for the basketball on rebounds - aggressive defense (practically a wresting match between him and the bigger Steve Taylor)... Few have expected much from Juan this year - I think he will be too good not to play significant minutes. He reminds me of Joe Fulce who came here with incredible talent, except that Joe's injuries were even worse than Juan's and ruined his career.

TedBaxter
10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
I was excited to see Juan looking like the pre-injury Juan - all over the court, nose for the basketball on rebounds - aggressive defense (practically a wresting match between him and the bigger Steve Taylor)... Few have expected much from Juan this year - I think he will be too good not to play significant minutes. He reminds me of Joe Fulce who came here with incredible talent, except that Joe's injuries were even worse than Juan's and ruined his career.

I think you are dead on Johnny with the Fulce comparison. Juan is the high energy guy who will get the rebound, defend and be the hustle guy. Great attitude like Joe as well.