PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson expected to be part of the rotation?

Markedman
10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
I find that hard to believe.....IWB?

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/173704791.html

IWB
10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
He will certainly have his chance.

Tatum74
10-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Interesting little blurb by Hunt - no mention of Gardner or Jamil Wilson - and the 'returning' Lockett has already received his degree from MU????? - Hunt needs to become a tad more familiar with the team.

Markedman
10-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Let's see
Junior
Vander
Lockett
Jamil
Otule
Gardner
Mayo
Taylor

So that is 8 for sure

Backup point will either be Wilson or Vander....probably Wilson?

So that is 9

Which doesn't include Jake Thomas, Anderson or Ferguson.

Is he coming on like gangbusters because it's hard to envision how he breaks into the top 8 or 9.

Or does Buzz plan on going 10 deep?

I guess my feeling is if Ferguson breaks into the rotation we will be awfully deep......from the comments about him having a long way to go I just found that comment surprising.

CaribouJim
10-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Interesting little blurb by Hunt - no mention of Gardner or Jamil Wilson - and the 'returning' Lockett has already received his degree from MU????? - Hunt needs to become a tad more familiar with the team.

That took be aback too - the way Wilson was coming on late last year, I see him as the most likely to be "the" man. And Gardner is Gardner - he stays healthy and keeps his weight in check he'll be a monster to handle. Maybe the two haven't been giving enough effort and Buzz is sending them a message?

Phantom Warrior
10-11-2012, 04:52 PM
The mention of Ferguson is definitely surprising, but as for not naming J. Wilson and Gardner, perhaps Buzz is sending them a message that he wants to see much greater effort, more consistent effort, once practice starts.

As we've seen, Jamil tends at times to kind of coast, and Davante tends to play with greater fire on offense than on defense.

I wouldn't read too much into any comments Buzz makes at this point.

TheSultan
10-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm actually trying to think of a time that I have seen Jamil "coast." I can't think of one. Jamil is a very smooth athlete, and I think that smoothness looks like coasting...but I don't think he coasts.

Markedman
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Before last year he had that reputation from high school and AAU ball.

I certainly didn't see it last season.